Which Portable Amp? Totally confused....
Oct 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #46 of 68
I can't imagine the E7 being much better than the T4, if at all since it is cheaper and has a DAC. But no one will know until it is released.

Plus, if you are going to wait, the T3 is going to be released in the near future also, just an amp, for probably $100. It is a step up from the T4. If you are going to wait, that makes more sense to me for your situation.

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #47 of 68
^ Kinda yes...it does make more sense..since i am stalling my Can purchase for now...

But i think im still gonna get the AMP3
tongue.gif

Just loving it
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #48 of 68
Exactly how I feel about the AMP3. I can't even remember what made me pull the trigger on it now, but I was thinking of the E+, D10 and others, but ended up with the AMP3 and am very happy with the purchase.

And lower end headphones such as the KSC75, KSC35, and Philips SHE9500 sound exceptional with the AMP3, which may save you money
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #49 of 68
I think for now my AD700's and the HD555's will have to suffice .... since the bass has improved exceptionally on the 700's .... HD555's still need to be hooked to the xonar for good performance...

Right now im trying to bribe my friend into selling me his AMP3 ..hehe...

The most surprising thing is that i found my Denon 751's to be performing exactly opposite of what common reviews here tend to state...

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #50 of 68
That is great the the Denon's are working well for you with the AMP3. My C710's are excellent with the AMP3 with an impedance adapter.

I am comparing the AMP3 to my OPA627's in my sound card amp (the AMP3 being fed from line out of the sound card) and I like the AMP3 better...amazingly the AMP3 has better bass. I never thought I would say that in comparison. Not necessarily more bass, but cleaner and deeper with better reverberation. Not to mention the rest of the spectrum is smoother and sweeter with a slightly more up front presentation.

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #51 of 68
Bass Bass Bass!!! Im happy!!!

Getting good quality OPAMPS in India is a big PITA
frown.gif

and international shipping takes sooooooooo much time... :S

Any good sources online...with reasonable international shipping time?

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #52 of 68
I get all my parts from US only stores such as digikey (op amps) and mouser (everything else). There is Newark, but not sure about the prices. But my point was the AMP3 is actually better than the amp section of my sound card. But the DAC in my sound card is better than the DAC in the AMP3 and the DAC in my Fuze (not surprisingly, it is a Wolfson).

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #53 of 68
Ya i think the D2 also uses a Wolfson chip ...(dont really know)..

But yes i have made my discussion about the AMP3 final...Im sold!

Now i need to find the best bargain...
smily_headphones1.gif

Also any idea what all shipping/payment options Digikey provides? (really lazy right now so ...
tongue.gif
)

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #55 of 68
OP AMPS .... for the dorky being called my friend
mad.gif

thanks for the AMP3 link...

Just placed an order....total came down to 191 $ using EMS
smily_headphones1.gif

btw . Any idea where i can get Comply tips (Tx400) ...shipped internationally using paypal.

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #57 of 68
^ Nice thanks a ton
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #58 of 68
It seems that HiSound are willing to look at my unit to see if it is defective or not, and ship me a different, 'randomly picked' unit. If indeed it isn't defective, it is among the most hissy of portable amps/players I have used. I am hoping that isn't the case.

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #59 of 68
Lets hope it isn't...do keep us updated

There is almost no hiss on my 751's with the AMP3
smily_headphones1.gif

btw i just confirmation from whiplash that my order has been shipped! yay!
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #60 of 68
have you listened to music like ambient, or even the motivation.mp3 which comes packed in the amp3? Even that hisses like the dickens with my unit. If my unit ain't a bad apple, it is simply that people's music collections are sufficiently fast enough to distract them from the hiss. not a bad way to fix the hiss, but dear me, i don't want to give jazz and classical for the likes of rock!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back