Which one for vocal & midrange: HE-6 vs LCD-2??
Mar 27, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #16 of 26
W1000x was indead quite good with female vocals. So is the CD 3000/ed8 but must say the LCD-2 is quite a bit better in this regard. Didn´t get that impressed by the T1 here. The dynamics have the benefit of soundstaging better so you can better feel like you are in the same room though so score better on presentation :)

Apr 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #18 of 26
Thanks to all of you guys, really appreciate your opinion!

I’m wondering which of the LCD-2 or HE-6 has forward//intimate mids? Does the LCD-2 mighty bass make the mids recessed?
How’s the soundstage performance compared to the HE-6?

The new HE-500 sounds intriguing, will pay close attention to the loaner program.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
Thanks to all of you guys, really appreciate your opinion!

I’m wondering which of the LCD-2 or HE-6 has forward//intimate mids? Does the LCD-2 mighty bass make the mids recessed?
How’s the soundstage performance compared to the HE-6?

The new HE-500 sounds intriguing, will pay close attention to the loaner program.

The LCD's have more forward mids with greater presence then the HE6's but neither are recessed at all.
LCD's soundstaging is more upfront and personal.

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf...

I had my heart set on the HE 6...and now I don't know what to do!

I just bit the bullet and bought the he6, this new model wont top it.

You mean the HE500? The HE6 has more raw potential but unless your amp is up to par it's quite likely the HE500 will sound better in your system. IMO I much preferred the prototype HE500 to the prototype HE6 when I listened to them both, but the prototype required much more power than the production model does. Just my two cents.

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #25 of 26

Quote:
You mean the HE500? The HE6 has more raw potential but unless your amp is up to par it's quite likely the HE500 will sound better in your system. IMO I much preferred the prototype HE500 to the prototype HE6 when I listened to them both, but the prototype required much more power than the production model does. Just my two cents.

Any impressions why you much prefer the prototype HE500 more than the proto HE6? 

Apr 25, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #26 of 26

Quote:
Any impressions why you much prefer the prototype HE500 more than the proto HE6? 

I only listened to them briefly so don't take my words for gospel (you should contact those who are participating in the HE500 loaner thread) but the Hifiman planars have always had a strange mid tonality that my ears do not like. The HE500 sounded more dynamic and balanced (yet more fun at the same time) compared to the others, and they could actually be used straight out of an iPod (which was shocking, to say the least). They're considerably more efficient than the current planars Hifiman has out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back