Which mp3 player has the best sound?
Oct 1, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by freid77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if i were you, owning a mac already, i'd for sure buy the ipod. The ease of such a well-integrated combination alone would make up for any small sound difference between the ipod and another player (in my opinion).

I find the iPod/iTunes/Mac combination so good I wouldn't consider another option.

Unless for some reason you like to drag & drop.

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Among what I've tried, the Kenwood players have a lot of hiss.
I've read about hiss with the Clix2, Cowon D2, Meizu M6. Samsung players are usually considered hiss-free, as well as the Trekstor Vibez.

I don't have any hiss on any of my headphones on my Clix2... but then again, none are really sensitive... and no hiss on my Cowon A2 which I think is similar to the D2...

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by freid77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if i were you, owning a mac already, i'd for sure buy the ipod. The ease of such a well-integrated combination alone would make up for any small sound difference between the ipod and another player (in my opinion).

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowraboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the iPod/iTunes/Mac combination so good I wouldn't consider another option.

Unless for some reason you like to drag & drop.

Have you gentlemen tried other players with good headphones and, oh, say a respectable portable amp? The sacrifice of a little convenience can garner definite improvements in sound quality. It's practically the motto around here. Or else why would a DT531 owner also shell out for a K701?

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you gentlemen tried other players with good headphones and, oh, say a respectable portable amp? The sacrifice of a little convenience can garner definite improvements in sound quality. It's practically the motto around here. Or else why would a DT531 owner also shell out for a K701?

Er... isn't what amp/headphones totally beside the point of this topic? Those are what would make up the difference in SQ you're talking about, not changing the player (unless you were going up to a Kenwood maybe). Otherwise iPod -> LOD or iMod can run with the best of 'em.

Oct 1, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er... isn't what amp/headphones totally beside the point of this topic? Those are what would make up the difference in SQ you're talking about, not changing the player (unless you were going up to a Kenwood maybe). Otherwise iPod -> LOD or iMod can run with the best of 'em.

Not at all. I'm saying you need revealing headphones to fully hear the difference between sources, in this case DAPs-- and of course most such headphones only perform to that level with suitable amping. But of course you'd have to use the same headphones and amp to test different players, to keep such variables even.

And yes an imod can run with the best of 'em, though I think a line out dock is technically only half a solution. But if you're saying that these solutions would bring the ipods up a performance level and still allow the user-friendly mac<>ipod interface, then of course I agree with you entirely.

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:18 AM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

The reason I don't try another player is the iPod works perfectly for me with the Mac.

I have had an iPod since they first came out & learnt how to use smart playlists to develop a perfect playlist for my work usage. Calendars & contacts automatically sync.

The sound is OK for me using headphone out from the Nano, I use amp or the shuffle if I want better.

If I didn't own a mac I would most certainly be trying other players.

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Or else why would a DT531 owner also shell out for a K701?

I was actually a K701 owner before I purchased the DT531.

I haven't decided with I prefer to listen to yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back