Which mp3 player has the best sound?
Sep 28, 2007 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

breezy_amar

Head-Fier
hey guys! Soon i will be buying my 1st portable mp3 player. I am looking for the player that has the best sound quality. iv read some comments saying ipod sound quality is worse than other mp3 players out there, but i dont know if this is true. please can u give me some recomendations for the player with the best sound quailty. it doesnt have to be able to play video, but it must be able to play lossless audio, like FLAC or apple lossless, cos thats what i will be using on it. thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by breezy_amar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys! Soon i will be buying my 1st portable mp3 player. I am looking for the player that has the best sound quality. iv read some comments saying ipod sound quality is worse than other mp3 players out there, but i dont know if this is true. please can u give me some recomendations for the player with the best sound quailty. it doesnt have to be able to play video, but it must be able to play lossless audio, like FLAC or apple lossless, cos thats what i will be using on it. thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

There are very recent threads asking about this and quite a few replies. Do a search for 'best portable player' or 'best mp3 player', it should bring up quite a few results. There are lots of different opinions so you'll need to read through and see which one suits your needs the most.

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 37
thanks guys. keep it coming. iv read alot and heard good things about cowon, but so far im leaning towards the ipod classic. also, can u buy an imod, or is it a case of buying an ipod, sending it off and getting it turned into an imod?

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 37
I would suggest not worrying about sound quality of mp3 players. There are many contradictions.

Also consider how much music you have and how much you want to take around with you. If you have 3 GB worth of music it is not worth buying a hard drive player.

Sep 29, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #7 of 37
well i need at least 8 gig, but i dont mind spending more for bigger storage. the reason i want a good sound quality mp3 player is that ill be using very high quiality earphones and lossless audio files with it. so i thought theres no point having that with a not so good player. but thanks for ur comments guys. keep it coming

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:29 PM Post #9 of 37
i havnt decided yet, but at the moment im thinking q-jays. just waiting for the reviews
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #10 of 37
I would have suggested the Clix 2, but it doesnt support lossless. I'll be getting mine in a couple of weeks, and i'll write a review.

The D2 has had good reviews, but people do have gripes with its firmware and its userability. Great SQ apparently.

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #12 of 37
As usual I feel compelled to suggest you at least consider the TrekStor vibez. Goes up to 12 GB and supports lossless (FLAC & WAV). SQ is close to flawless to my ears. Add in gapless playback and a heavily customizable parametric EQ, and you've got a serious contender.

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:17 PM Post #14 of 37
wow, thanks for all the replies guys! well from ur recomendations and links iv done some more research and narrowed my search down to 2.

1st one is the ipod classic. i keep seeing mixed reviews with this, some say great sound quality, some say its not so good, but from what iv read it has better sound than the nano, which was my original choice for my new player.

My second choice is the cowon d2. All reviews iv read all say it has great sound quality, but some other things let it down.

i personaly would like to get the classic, as i have a mac and use itunes, and things would just work nicer. but id just like to know, from the ppl who own a classic or a d2, or hopefully both, which offers better sound quality?

Thanks for all ur comment! Amar

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which earphones will you use?

that's in a different thread, "what are the best sounding earphones."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back