Which mp3 player has the best sound?
Sep 29, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #16 of 37
Well, the D2 will probably have the better headphone out while the iPod has the lineout option.

Since you already use iTunes just go with the Classic and when you feel like upgrading get an amp.

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get the q-JAYS, I suggest to pay attention and get non-hissy players, otherwise hiss may bother you.

which players would classify as hissy players? low qaulity players, or does the d2, clix 2 and classic have hiss issues?

Sep 29, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #18 of 37
to space monkey, all i know is that the classic has less his than the previous ipods, and the d2 also does not have hiss at normal volumes (this is what iv read).

Well i have just found out that the d2 does not support gapless playback. although its not a must for me, i would much prefere listening to gapless audio. BUT, i have heard that when listening to apple lossless on ipod classic, there is a 1 second gap between songs. can someone confirm if this is true or not??? thanks!

Sep 29, 2007 at 5:05 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which players would classify as hissy players? low qaulity players, or does the d2, clix 2 and classic have hiss issues?

Every portable i've ever heard has hiss at some stage.

Its all subjective though, most of the time you HAVE to be Listening for it to hear it.

Sep 29, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #20 of 37
well iv 90% decided on the ipod classic. the reviews are sooo mixed its insane. but it is gapless and supports lossless.

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lossless is pointless if you dont good headphones and a horrible player,

lol didn't he already say he was thinking of getting the qjays?

i don't think they'd be considered trashy at all.

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:02 PM Post #23 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you get the q-JAYS, I suggest to pay attention and get non-hissy players, otherwise hiss may bother you.

sry but i dont' get why yu say he has to watch out particularly for hissy players with the qjays. don't the qjays have higher than normal impedance, which would they reduce hiss compared to other lower impedance iems?

correct me if i'm wrong it's just been my impression

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #24 of 37
I think breezy_amar did say he was considering getting the q-JAYS but was waiting for reviews. And I think one of Aevum's earlier posts also stated that HE would probably get the q-JAYS. . . so unless he was criticising his own choice of headphones as well as other peoples, his comment makes no sense.

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #25 of 37
I remembered something from some old prototype impressions, but it seems that something has changed. Specs on Audiocubes show a low sensitivity, so the q-JAYS shouldn't have many issues with hissy players.
Anyway, be sure that you look at the sensitivity, more than the impedance.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Among what I've tried, the Kenwood players have a lot of hiss.
I've read about hiss with the Clix2, Cowon D2, Meizu M6. Samsung players are usually considered hiss-free, as well as the Trekstor Vibez.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:15 PM Post #27 of 37
my clix 2 doesn't have much hiss. well not noticeable unless it's really quiet.

Sep 30, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #29 of 37
thanks for all the comments guys, so just to help myself fully decide, to those of u who have heard the new ipod classic, is it a good player to go for in terms of sound quality? becouse so far the reviews and threads have left me a bit confused. some say its the best sounding ipod yet, some say its sound quaility is just middle of the road. so if u own an ipod classic if u could write ur opinion on it i would be very greatfull.

also, can anyone confirm if the nano does not have as good sound quality as the classic?

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #30 of 37
if i were you, owning a mac already, i'd for sure buy the ipod. The ease of such a well-integrated combination alone would make up for any small sound difference between the ipod and another player (in my opinion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back