Which members know what they are talking about
Mar 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #17 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually just make stuff up. Meh.

I've been tempted to do this when someone cleary has just been to lazy and creates a thread asking "best headphone under $100" giving no more details, and then starts bumping it in under twenty minutes. I might actually recommend bose because of such threads (only to those threads of course).

Mar 10, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #18 of 187
What a question. I thought it should be obvious.

No one knows it all. I read the forum as group knowledge, and there's the value! I also follow the earlier comments paraphrased as, opinions are opinions, and take all advice with a grain of salt.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #20 of 187
If you find a reviewer has experiences/preferences which mirror your own, then there's a good chance that their impressions on gear could be a good frame of reference for you.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:11 AM Post #22 of 187
I definitely know what I am talking about.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #23 of 187
Lol this is going to be one of those threads ill have to read over every few hours to see how out of hand it gets.

Oh to the OP.... Buy and test for yourself
wink.gif
makes it fun and you dont have to trust anyones opinion except yourself.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #24 of 187
of course in the end the best judge of what sounds good is yourself, but we like to think that we can rely on others to some degree to help us along the way. the people i would trust are those who are not extreme in their opinions and who have experienced, owned, and listened to a wide variety of gear.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #25 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I AM TRUSTICUS!

NO DEAL TRUSTICUS.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #26 of 187
Not two persons have identical hearing either so it´s quite hard to really trust someone 100 %. Since they apart from having to have identical hearing need to have identical preferences as well
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #27 of 187
No fanboys, thats for sure. Also the use of good or bad english isn't a indication at all. And some people don't have all their gear in their sig's, but have it in their profile. And there are even some out there that don't list anything they own or have heard at all, but still know alot. I was actually expecting a fight here now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back