Which is more comfortable: HD600 or DT770?
Dec 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

imackler

Headphoneus Supremus
After reading Headfonia's review of the DT770 (LE), I'm intrigued. I have no doubt I'd overall prefer the HD600 for sound quality: I currently have a pair for home and the office, and listen to tons of classical so good mids and balance are important. But I'm finding that even the more broken in pair is just uncomfortable, for me personally. I'm king of getting to the point where I don't really want to put them on. I don't know if I have a "sensitive head" or what but it hurts my head, jaw, etc. I like over ear phones, but I'm close to abandoning the cause for in ear monitors, once again. In ears, I just don't mind as much. 

For anyone whose had both the DT770 (closed) and the HD600, is one more comfortable than the other? 

Thanks for your time! 

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
After reading Headfonia's review of the DT770 (LE), I'm intrigued. I have no doubt I'd overall prefer the HD600 for sound quality: I currently have a pair for home and the office, and listen to tons of classical so good mids and balance are important. But I'm finding that even the more broken in pair is just uncomfortable, for me personally. I'm king of getting to the point where I don't really want to put them on. I don't know if I have a "sensitive head" or what but it hurts my head, jaw, etc. I like over ear phones, but I'm close to abandoning the cause for in ear monitors, once again. In ears, I just don't mind as much. 

For anyone whose had both the DT770 (closed) and the HD600, is one more comfortable than the other? 

Thanks for your time! 

Heya,

I would say they're about equivalent when it comes to comfort. Maybe a slight edge to the HD600 for comfort.

Very best,

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 5
HD 600's are more comfortable to me; because they are so airy and light, I often don't notice them on my head.
The DT 770's are also really comfortable, but wearing them feels like I am wearing really comfortable headphones.

I should note that out of the box, the 600's had way too much clamp, and I could barely stand wearing them. I gently stretched out the metal headband (the part just above the earcups, and below the plastic headband) and now they are a delight. Even the 770 Pro's clamp was a bit too tight for me, and I stretched these out just a bit.

Even though the 600's comfort is better to me, you can't go wrong with either.
But you mention mids being important.... have you listened to the 770's? the mids are quite recessed. The Senns are a few leagues above the Beyers in almost every respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back