Which is best for Grado SR 80i: JDS Labs cmoyBB, BSG cmoy, or PA2V2?
Nov 23, 2011 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gradyoactive

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.  I'm just starting in my audiophilia, and I bought some Grado SR 80i headphones, which I love, but I feel like they could use some more bass and oomph.  I've been looking into getting a portable headphone amp, and my research has narrowed my choices down to the cmoyBB by JDS Labs, brosciencegeek's cmoy, or the PA2V2.  My budget is pretty limited, so I don't want to spring for anything more expensive than these ~$50 range amps.  They all have gotten rave reviews, and I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed with any one of them, but I was looking to get some advice about which one would work best with the SR 80i.  Has anybody tried all 3 of them, or 2 of them?  Even if you've only tried one of them, I'd really appreciate your opinion.  Thanks a lot. 

Nov 23, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 3
I think I'm leaning towards the JDS cmoyBB since I'm mainly concerned with increasing the bass.  The PA2V2 has the coolest form-factor, and is designed to work with lower impedance headphones (like the SR80s), but I've read that it has a brighter sound.  Has anyone tried the BSG cmoy with SR80s?  How is the bass response?  I'm mainly going to use the amp with my Ipod, and I'll be buying an LOD cable.

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #3 of 3
Too bad this post was pretty left out.

I could suggest getting a FiiO E11. Sounded warmer on my SR80is. It as 3 bass boost options, "0" for no effect, "1" for the bass touchy feel, and "2" for the overkill bass. No compromise on the mids and highs (i find this E11 to tame the bit harshness of the highs). Only bad thing about this is when charging, you can't use it. You had to wait for it to fill its banks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back