Which IEMs suffer from driver flex?
Dec 31, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #16 of 43
If I amped my turbines with FiiO E10 then used high volumes the right side would flex/pop and stay that way, You'd lose the sound until you readjusted the earpiece which would click back into shape. It got worse and worse over time. Had to be pretty loud though.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #17 of 43
Quote:
If I amped my turbines with FiiO E10 then used high volumes the right side would flex/pop and stay that way, You'd lose the sound until you readjusted the earpiece which would click back into shape. It got worse and worse over time. Had to be pretty loud though.

OK, then it's possible that it's driver flex.  But being able to do it with all IEMs arbitrary of volume?  Are you able to do it so that it pops, but you get sound back after the pop?  If you don't want to test it I understand (I wouldn't want to blow out my ears either :p).  I just want to make sure that the pop can be reproduced using driver flex now.  

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #18 of 43
edit: Tell me a place you've had success with before and I will put it up*
Draw your own conclusions, I only have the issue on portable players with IEMs, not on full systems or my PC.

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #19 of 43
Dec 31, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #20 of 43
OK, then it's possible that it's driver flex.  But being able to do it with all IEMs of volume?  Are you able to do it so that it pops, but you get sound back after the pop?  If you don't want to test it I understand (I wouldn't want to blow out my ears either :p).  I just want to make sure that the pop can be reproduced using driver flex now.  

I don't have them anymore, though I know once it popped out of place it stayed flexed, I'd have to push the housing to have sound come back. It didn't just pop and continue playing. Mind you we're talking about very excessive volume levels, using high gain. An MP3 player alone would not drive them to such a level.

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #22 of 43
To restate briefly:

Fischer Audio Silver bullet
Hippo VB
Meelectronic M6
Monster Turbine
Monster Pro Copper
Monster Tribute and original Turbine

Allow us to improve: You can help by expand it.

Jan 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #24 of 43
Quote:
My MTPC doesn't have any flex whatsoever

In ear matters pointed the infamous driver flex issue on MTPC 

Updating list:

ATH-CLK200
Fischer Audio Silver bullet
Hippo VB
MEE CC51
MEE M6
Monster Pro Copper (Some models)
Monster Tribute
Monster Turbine
Sunrise Xcape
Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10 Pro
V-moda Vibes (some models)

Jan 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #27 of 43
Quote:
My bad. I will fix it.

If you hear it, I don't see why you'd remove it
tongue.gif

However, I have never heard about driver flex in the TF10. Maybe the earlier models? Still not sure.

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #30 of 43
The ones I remember: Brainwavz M4, Xears XE200 Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back