Which IEMs are compatible in sound to my ATH-M50 and Beyer Dt-150?
Jan 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ericp10

Sits up all night comparing IEMs.
So, most of you know me here as an IEM type of guy. As a matter of fact, my signature bears out that I own no headphones at all (I did have the D2000 once, but sold it after the mids didn't satisfy me). Since I took my first plunge into in-ear monitors, I haven't looked back except for the the one headphone I mentioned about.

That's about to change, however, since on Friday I should have my first headphones that I've owned in a long time (I am a big fan of Grado, but they are made to cheaply for my tastes although I loved the sound of me R225). So with a little extra cash hanging around I decided to invest in what I read to be a great sounding low-cost professional headphone - ATH-M50 - and a great sounding mid-level headphone - Beyer DT-150.

I'm hoping someone could tell me which IEM has the closest sound signature to those two headphones? For example, to my ears the D2000 and the FX700 had somewhat similar sound signatures. Please don't tell me that the LCD-2 or T1 are better sounding headphones (I'm quite sure that they are). I have no plans whatsoever to enter the top tier market of headphones. I would probably spend $1,000 on another pair of customs before I would invest that into a pair of headphones. Thanks for your assistance in advance.

EricP

Jan 13, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 5
Guess you IEM guys stick to IEMs and don't listen to cans at all?

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Guess you IEM guys stick to IEMs and don't listen to cans at all?

what's this , you jumping ship ericp buddy ? 
popcorn.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 5
Hey luco buddy!.. No, not jumping ship, just adding some new passengers. You know I like variety and just felt I dedicated myself long enough to to IEM exclusivity. I don't expect to hear anything in the near future (that I can afford) to surpass the quad, but I felt it was time to add some decent sounding cans to the mix. Do you have any cans?

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 5
@ ericp, Looking forward to your impressions when you get those cans than , i only have one set myself buddy ,sony mdr-3000 .
happy_face1.gif
 ,which i have not used in over a year now since i got into iem's as it happens ,headphones make my ears sweat !! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back