Which IEM resembles that of the beloved AKG K701???
Mar 26, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #16 of 51
I don't agree at all, but everyone is entitled to what they hear. In another thread I commented and ljokerl responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon1
Not that you asked me, but the CK10 is far more detailed with better instrument separation than the TF10. In addition, it is one of the clearest, yet non-harsh and very musical sounding IEMs I have heard. Comparing them to my Ety 4 Ps, for example, they actually have slightly more detail, but no harshness, and a very sweet crystal clear treble, and a nice bass, much more than an Ety produces. They just are really balanced and so clear you can really hear all the instruments including the background ones. I was very surprised at the clarity and natural sound these produce with so much un-etched sounding detail.

ljokerl: This is the reason I got rid of both the RE0 and ER-4S and kept the CK10. The same level of detail as the ER-4S in the mids and RE0 in the treble but much sweeter-sounding and smoother, with a wider stage and excellent instrumental separation/positioning. My TF10s and RE252s may be next on the chopping block, actually.

Later I wrote: The REO is much more closed in sounding than the CK 10, at least to my ears. The CK 10 has more space and depth, plus all the other positive attributes that have been mentioned, like clarity, musicality, very natural tone, great transparency etc.

I also have the Phonaks, and while worth the money, and close to the CK 10s in detail reproduction, in my opinion they are not in the league of the CK 10 for richness of sound, smoothness, and overall musicality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petemt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay,, I was researching through the forum and found the comparison between RE0 VS CK10... You guys agree?

from: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/h...8/#post5706334

If it is true that they sounded near identical, then it's a no brainer to choose the RE0... nearly 3 times cheaper!

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #17 of 51
I don't agree with that either having owned the RE0 and having the CK10. To me the CK10 are a clear upgrade over the RE0 for the reason stated above however they are much more expensive and also harder to find lately so its a $79 vs $200-250 depending on where you find it.

If you want bang for your buck then RE0 is a great choice. If you want better performance then I would choose the CK10 easily.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #18 of 51
Quote:

"In addition, it is one of the clearest, yet non-harsh and very musical sounding IEMs I have heard. Comparing them to my Ety 4 Ps, for example, they actually have slightly more detail, but no harshness, and a very sweet crystal clear treble, and a nice bass, much more than an Ety produce"

That line there sold it for me!

Quote:

If you want bang for your buck then RE0 is a great choice. If you want better performance then I would choose the CK10 easily.

Judging from the praises, I think I'll go for the CK10!
I used to fall for 'bang for bucks' phone, and though they all did a great job at a reasonable price, they leaves me wanting for more. Then I decided to get the K701 and the tube amp; that forever changed my headphone landscape...

I no longer want 20 good headphones lying in storage, I wanted a great one. As I said, the ER4P are near perfect except for the missing a bit more bass/ richness/ musicality. The Shure are effing great too, especially for home use ... but I just HATEEEEEE the sibilance! (I'm not sure if it's the right word, but what I meant is I get fatigue listening them during my car ride, so it defeated my purpose of having an IEM)
Now that the K701 kicks Shure ass for home use, I think I'm gonna sell them out.

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:13 AM Post #19 of 51
Just to clarify I'm not saying RE0 is a crappy phone cuz it is anything but. IMO it is probably up there as a mid-fi phone and also YMMV. I believe they are an amazing value..and I mean amazing value. Outside of better performance they are the best built iem's I've ever had and the RE0 can seem fragile.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #21 of 51
^ they are great only if that is the type of sound signature you like. For some reason it isn't a popular sound signature however.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #22 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchOfEvil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more i read around here the more i want to get a pair of CK10's lol.

AGREEEEEEEEEEEED! I'm placing an order with my friend to import it from Japan soon :p

and rawster, yes I understand your point! :")

Thanks everyone!

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #23 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ they are great only if that is the type of sound signature you like. For some reason it isn't a popular sound signature however.

So for ETY/K701 fans like me that would work out nicely right?

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #24 of 51
K701 I have no idea cuz well I never owned them.

I have owned the ER6i and I believe the ER4P has a similar sound signature but a superior phone from everything that I have gathered here but from owning them I do know the Etymotic sound. I had and loved the ER6i and the CK10 are my favorite iem's and they definitely are not going anywhere for a very long time.

I would be very surprised if you did not like the CK10 coming from an Etymotic phone. Also why import it from Japan? It's not that much more expensive compared to dealers from Japan that ship it to USA. I see it as 230 or so if you buy it off Amazon japan.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #25 of 51
Quote:

So for ETY/K701 fans like me that would work out nicely right?

Match made in heaven.

I have auditioned the K701 and ER4P/S several times a while back. I just sold off my AD2000. Now I currently have the AD1000PRM, CK10, and CK100.

CK10 is a great choice if you like the K701/ER4S in my opinion. Just adding on to everyone's recommendations.
smile.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #26 of 51
I used to have the ER6i too.. and a few days after that I buy the ER4P, they are just that good! Yes, the 4P are more 'superior' but now and then I do miss the ER6i.

And I have to get it from Japan via my friend coz my parents would see the bill if my cousin were to bring it from the US lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Match made in heaven.

I have auditioned the K701 and ER4P/S several times a while back. I just sold off my AD2000. Now I currently have the AD1000PRM, CK10, and CK100.

CK10 is a great choice if you like the K701/ER4S in my opinion. Just adding on to everyone's recommendations.
smile.gif

So how does the AD2000/1000 compares with the K701 for you then?

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #27 of 51
Quote:

I used to have the ER6i too.. and a few days after that I buy the ER4P, they are just that good! Yes, the 4P are more 'superior' but now and then I do miss the ER6i.

And I have to get it from Japan via my friend coz my parents would see the bill if my cousin were to bring it from the US lol.

So how does the AD2000/1000PRM compares with the K701 for you then?

Mid-centric compared to the K701. More aggressive, much more bass, and more musical yet detailed at the same time. More versatile with multiple genres. They are a step above the K701 for my listening purposes and preferences. Much more fun and engaging.

You might like one more than the other, but it will come down to personal preferences all said and done.

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #28 of 51
I never liked the k701 or ck10.They are both cold,analytical with metallic treble and bass lite.the only thing I liked about them is transparency and the looks
biggrin.gif
they look stunning in person especially the ck10.

I like to order from japan because they always write the value of package wrong.I got my ck10 from there and they wrote it's value as $20 without even asking.the same with fx500.

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #29 of 51
I've heard none of the phones mentioned except the HJE900, but the CK10 or PFE definitely sound like they'd fit your bill. Thought the HJE900s have great treble detail, their big bass doesn't sound like it's K701-like at all, lol.

Mar 26, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by AwakenedBeing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mid-centric compared to the K701. More aggressive, much more bass, and more musical yet detailed at the same time. More versatile with multiple genres. They are a step above the K701 for my listening purposes and preferences. Much more fun and engaging.

You might like one more than the other, but it will come down to personal preferences all said and done.

I'm sorry but what is the PRM as in AD1000PRM stands for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back