Which IEM have you heard that has the most deepest subwoofer bass?
Jul 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Bassheadspl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, i am looking for a IEM that has superior subwoofer bass that extends really deep and brings out the lows in music. From your experience, which IEM have you heard that provides really deep subwoofer bass that doesn't crackle at high volume levels from an amp?

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #2 of 27
Velodyne vPulse. The bass is very profound and deep without being boomy or bleeding into the midrange. I like heavy, tight bass and anything more than what the vPulse offers would be too much (I hooked it up to my Digizoid ZO2 and any setting above "0" was a serious case of overkill). I have played them as loud as I could stand - briefly - and they did not distort coming out of a uDac 2.

Jul 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 27
The Aurisonics ASG-1 is excellent for you.

The Future Sonics Atrio with mg7 driver is also a great choice.

For ciems, the FS MG6pro has amazing subbass and the Aurisonics AS-2 is very good now and should be even better as they roll out their new vent system.

Jul 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 27
In addition to the phones mentioned above, the RHA MA350 shown HERE has excellent sub-bass response and are, for the price, quite a decent sounding in-ear phone.

Jul 29, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:
In addition to the phones mentioned above, the RHA MA350 shown HERE has excellent sub-bass response and are, for the price, quite a decent sounding in-ear phone.

Thanks for the recommendation, do these earphones produce deep pulsing subwoofer bass? Can you feel the bass in your ear canal from the bass pressure from the drivers? Also if amped, does the bass become muddy and to the drivers crackle or distort at high volume levels?

Looking forward to what you have to say.............

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 27
The deepest sub woofer bass I have heard from any IEM including Atrio MG7 and ASG-1 is Hippo VB using 2 dot bass plates then amping with FiiO E11 using EQ2, They will start compressing air inside your canal and the earpieces try to vibrate their way out of your ear. Mind you the rest of the spectrum sounds fairly average, however was fun back in the day when I was starting out. If you think I'm exaggerating try it out yourselves. I never got around to testing them with Zo2 though.I do not approve high volume levels, no matter what application it's very dangerous, so please find yourself a happy medium for bass then explore the beauty of mids and treble. There's a world of detail, separation and other wonderful things to find away from thumping lows.

Jul 29, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #7 of 27
Quote:
The deepest sub woofer bass I have heard from any IEM including Atrio MG7 and ASG-1 is Hippo VB using 2 dot bass plates then amping with FiiO E11 using EQ2, They will start compressing air inside your canal and the earpieces try to vibrate their way out of your ear. Mind you the rest of the spectrum sounds fairly average, however was fun back in the day when I was starting out. If you think I'm exaggerating try it out yourselves. I never got around to testing them with Zo2 though.I do not approve high volume levels, no matter what application it's very dangerous, so please find yourself a happy medium for bass then explore the beauty of mids and treble. There's a world of detail, separation and other wonderful things to find away from thumping lows.

+1

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Thats what i am exactly looking for!

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #9 of 27
Thanks for the recommendation, do these earphones produce deep pulsing subwoofer bass? Can you feel the bass in your ear canal from the bass pressure from the drivers? Also if amped, does the bass become muddy and to the drivers crackle or distort at high volume levels?

Looking forward to what you have to say.............

Yes, they do produce plenty of subwoofer bass, assuming of course that the sub-bass is actually present in the recording. They are easy to drive and I have not found a great deal of difference between amped and directly from a DAP.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #11 of 27
Hi, i am looking for a IEM that has superior subwoofer bass that extends really deep and brings out the lows in music. From your experience, which IEM have you heard that provides really deep subwoofer bass that doesn't crackle at high volume levels from an amp?

The SM64.

Strong bass that extends very deep, thankfully with no mid-bass hump. Sub-bass, bass and mid-bass are all cohesive/integrated - with excellent detail and clarity. It's not a basshead's phone though as it doesn't add bass that's not in a track. However, the 64s will always convincingly render the bass of any given track. The mids and highs are awfully nice, too.

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back