Which headphones?
Mar 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

robwilson90

New Head-Fier
Allo.

After trying a lovely set of Monster Titanium headphones at the Bullring the other day I'm on the hunt for a nice pair but am completely overwhelmed by the huge choice on offer!

I'm looking for an over-ear big set, and they will be used at home, whilst out and about an also whilst running. Ideally they won't leak too much sound but this is not essential.

I like to listen to a variety of genres, from Indie rock to electronica. Arcade Fire to Massive Attack and most things in between.

Sound quality is the biggest priority. I'm looking for a clear, crisp and wide sound with decent bass. A bit of comfort would be nice and they can look like roadkill for all I care. Sound over style :wink:

I was told Seinnheiser are good bang for buck. My price range is around 150 quid. Would consider paying a little more for something special in its price range.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #2 of 5
Hello!

No. Your current budget is more than enough for what you looking for. If you like Sennheiser, you can consider HD439! It is excellent with any type of rocks and electronic. Not quite like it for classical but that is just me. It is very comfortable! If you like a little more bass, the HD518 is fun to listen to. A bit bassy, slightly warm(less warm than HD439). A bit of sibilants are there on the HD518 though it shouldn't be a problem unless you are very sensitive to it. 

You will like the HD518 better if you like a bit of bass and you might as well like HD439 for rolled off treble and warm nature, really like it with house music and 2nd with rocks. 

Hope this help and wish you to have a very fun journey in finding the right one for you!
Billson :)

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 5
First of all welcome to head-fi!! Sorry about your wallet. 
size]

So you want to spend about $230 USD...and you need:

1. Slightly bassy
2. Comfortable
3. Portable
4. Don't leak sound

If you are okay with on ear, you might consider this:

Sennheiser hd25ii

gL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back