which has more bass? HD650 or HD600
Mar 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #31 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think anyone can call the HD600/HD650 bass shy, but the Senn bass is very polite and not as slamming and fun as that of a good closed back like the D2000 or HFI 780. If you listen to a lot of hip hop and reggae I think you should be looking at the direction of those 2 headphones instead.

I agree with you on the gentle bass. It 'plays the note' and can go deep, but the bass doesn't really 'hit' you.

HD600s are good, all-around headphones that can scale very well, but like I was suggesting in the Grado thread, on a lower budget set-up, they can be a bit too laid back if you are into more visceral music. They sound good with hip hop and just about any genre, but they won't really knock your socks off with any genre besides some of the slower ones, where their thick and sweet sound can really take hold. Not a bad headphone if you are entering into hi-fi, but they can be expensive to build around to get the sound you are looking for.

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #32 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think anyone can call the HD600/HD650 bass shy, but the Senn bass is very polite and not as slamming and fun as that of a good closed back like the D2000 or HFI 780. If you listen to a lot of hip hop and reggae I think you should be looking at the direction of those 2 headphones instead.

i listen to hip hop..but not often..more toward katie melua, madonna, coldplay, i really like the bass on the D2000...thats another serious contender im considering..but i hear the 600s are more better allrounder. and for now im lookin for an allrounder..that will do best for all genre..am i thinking right?

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #33 of 49
Yeah I would say the 600s are definitely all-arounders. I haven't heard them do any genre "badly". I'm going to have to wait until I get my Denons in before I can comment on those.

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:34 AM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevM2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah I would say the 600s are definitely all-arounders. I haven't heard them do any genre "badly". I'm going to have to wait until I get my Denons in before I can comment on those.

yeah..and plus the 600s i hear sound very good balanced too..i might wana go into that direction in the future too.

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #35 of 49
wonder why the senns are compared to the Denons so often... Must say it gets me a bit worried not liking the markl d5000 I tried
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wonder why the senns are compared to the Denons so often... Must say it gets me a bit worried not liking the markl d5000 I tried
tongue.gif

Don't worry the Dx000 Series modded and stock, are probably my least favorite headphones, and the HD600 is one of my favourites
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also there is no white mesh on my current HD600's (at least that I now of), nor was ther any on my HD650's (or any others I have used). Just wishing to clarify where the white mesh would be?

There are quite a few threads floating around regarding the whole New vs Old Sennheiser HD6x0 series headphones (albeit somewhat controversial). Have a look at the posts and pictures if you haven't already seen them.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/old...hd650s-318945/

Mar 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are quite a few threads floating around regarding the whole New vs Old Sennheiser HD6x0 series headphones (albeit somewhat controversial). Have a look at the posts and pictures if you haven't already seen them.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/old...hd650s-318945/

Ahh, I remember this know. Yes mine does have the white 'stuff', though I honestly can't see it making a huge difference. Especially considering the difference between a foamed and de-doamed HD600 is so little (though still easily audible). I might have to come up to the next Sydney meet to figure this one out. (Though there is no pretense hear, if I can afford to go [both money and time factored in] I would go irregardless).
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
zantetsuken which part of australia are u at ?

Good point, if he's in Perth he could go to headphonic, or there are many hifi stores in Melbourne that I go to. One could also organize a mini meet with people (i'm sure many would be more then happy to help out a fellow head-fier decide on some gear).

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #41 of 49
Quote:

Good point, if he's in Perth he could go to headphonic, or there are many hifi stores in Melbourne that I go to. One could also organize a mini meet with people (i'm sure many would be more then happy to help out a fellow head-fier decide on some gear).

im in sydney, i ended up coming not to the last sydney meet, but the one before. i did try the 600s but that was ages ago. sadly thats the problem why i have to rely on opinions..not many stores here i might go down to Hi fi trader and maybe len wallis audio to do a few auditions. but sadly theyre too expensive ($800 - for a pair of D2000s!...and 8000 for a pair of 007s!.)

Mar 1, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by zantetsuken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im in sydney, i ended up coming not to the last sydney meet, but the one before. i did try the 600s but that was ages ago. sadly thats the problem why i have to rely on opinions..not many stores here i might go down to Hi fi trader and maybe len wallis audio to do a few auditions. but sadly theyre too expensive ($800 - for a pair of D2000s!...and 8000 for a pair of 007s!.)

Oh well, I can't see you bieng dissapointed with the HD600's in any case (buy second hand and then if you don't like them you stand to loose very little as you can just sell them on at around the same price you bought them for).
smily_headphones1.gif

Best of luck.

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #43 of 49
Quote:

yea i was thinking of this.

well zantetsuken if you are absolutely sure you want either the 600 or 650, headphonic has a 20 day trial period with some of their phones : Headphonic: FAQ

if you like you could give them a call and see if you work out something
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yea i was thinking of this.

well zantetsuken if you are absolutely sure you want either the 600 or 650, headphonic has a 20 day trial period with some of their phones : Headphonic: FAQ

if you like you could give them a call and see if you work out something
biggrin.gif

is it ok if i run them without an amp for a few months?..maybe like 3-4 months or so?..since ill have to end up saving up for that and stuff..they wont sound horrible without an amp or something rite?

Mar 2, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #45 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by zantetsuken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it ok if i run them without an amp for a few months?..maybe like 3-4 months or so?..since ill have to end up saving up for that and stuff..they wont sound horrible without an amp or something rite?

The HD600's scale very well. So they will still sound okay, but if you were not to get the amp/dac in a few months they wouldn't be worth it.

Which amp/dac are you looking at getting at the moment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back