Which amp for Beyerdynamic T90?
Feb 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #31 of 55
I briefly tried them with the HiFiMan EF2A amp at a local speaker store and was very impressed with how they sound. It was more than capable of driving them. I don't own the t90, but I did buy the amp and have been getting great performance with it. You can get it for $170, and it has a built in DAC (you have the option of plugging in USB or using your own DAC and plugging into analog inputs). So that's something to consider. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #36 of 55
I am considering the HE-500 and the T90. I already have a Creek OBH11 Headphone Amplifier. Any thoughts on how either of these headphones will pair with the Creek?
Thanks so much.

May 27, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #37 of 55
You don't have to spend a farm outwest for a good amp with the T90's.

I used a O2 amp for months and it was superb and still is.

There is a follow on O2 called the ODA which I just completed and its AWESOME.

With 3x the current capability of the original O2.

Its a DIY amp at the present time, but can be bought from the designer.
(www.agdraudio.com)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/719611/objective-desktop-amp-a-version-from-agdr

All the best
Alex

May 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #38 of 55
  I am considering the HE-500 and the T90. I already have a Creek OBH11 Headphone Amplifier. Any thoughts on how either of these headphones will pair with the Creek?
Thanks so much.

In this case, go with the T90. The creek should be fine...according to specs it drive headphones up to 300 ohm. 

May 27, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #39 of 55
What is the output impedance of the Creek?

I tried to find this important spec at the Creek site, but its not there?

In a headfi thread some say its 220 ohms!!!

If that's the case I would not have it in my inventory...

Alex

May 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #41 of 55
  So, it's been a while. I hope some people will come up and give some recommendations. Cause we still couldn't find a proper amp.

There are many good amps to drive the T90.  I use the Sunrise II from Garage1217.  Check out the amps they have I'm pretty sure all will do the job as the T90 are not difficult to drive.  The Sunrise II is a single tube amp which I really like.  Garage1217 also has a few other amps and they're all great amps and an excellent value for the money.  They can also be bought as built or in kit form.  If you have any soldering experience at all the kits are easy to build......they come with an excellent manual which you could check out on their website. 

Jul 13, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #43 of 55
What are the tubes you use for the t90? I'm loving my aune t1 with the 6922 tubes but I know the t90's can bring out more with a better amp and tube. Any recommendations? I'll get the crack when I have the time to build it. one day.

Jul 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #44 of 55
I'm also looking for an amp for my T90, but more in the $1000-1500 price range. After a lot of digging I would consider the following ones:

- Pathos Aurium (hybrid)
- Lehmann BCL
- M2Tech Marley
- Violectric V200 or the new V220

Unfortunately I have no local dealer with Woo Audio products else I would also consider a WA6 or WA2.

Could you please share your experience if you are using your T90 with any of the above?

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #45 of 55
Hi everyone, 

This is my first post here, but I wanted to share with you the experience I am having at the moment.I bought yesterday a beyerdynamic T90 and a O2/Odac combo with an AC/AC adapter (1000mA with 18volts output). I really had them for a bargain : 800USD (for the whole package, but it's Asia !).

I have listened for it for 1 hour yesterday, and my impressions were negative actually as the treble were too harsh and the bass not really there. Moreoever as I was coming from a sennheiser momentum I was more used to a closed/bass headphone.
Now I am having another round of 3 hours listening continuously...............

First to address one main question. the Jdslabs O2/Odac has WAAAAAAAAAAY enough power to drive these 250ohms headphones. I cannot put more than 9 oclock with 2.5*gain (lowest setting) without having my ears bleeding.

Then, for the equalizer (based on the frequency responsegraphs we can find on internet), I have set on foobar2000 :+2Db at 5Khz -1Db at 7Khz and 14Khz, and -2Db at 10Khz and 14Khz.

With these settings, I am BLOWN AWAY completely !!!!!!! I listen mostly to classic music, and it seems quite unreal even with no burn in.  I really feel in the concert hall. For other genres it may be too difficult to be objective. But for the classical music, I am in love already. Btw, the amp is completely silent and do not get hot AT ALL !

Anyway, I really do not think the T90 needs any 1000+$ amp/Dac to drive them. 
OF course you are only judge for your money. It was just an opinion I wanted to share with you.

Have a good journey in the Hifi world ! from this early experiment I can honestly say that I am gonna stick with this combo for quite a few years bfore changing anything.

PS : the Blu Ray movies are amazing as well ! nothing compared to the sennheiser momentum (LOL). The O2/ODac is a real wonder for the price. I really wonder how we could have a more neutral/better sound !?
If you do not want to enter the decreasing price/quality ratio inherent to the Hifi world, I really advise you to consider this wonderful combo !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back