Where to try out cans in Nor Cal?
Dec 9, 2010 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nebakanezzar

New Head-Fier
Anyone know of any place in the San Jose area where one can audition headphones? I am leaning towards Grado SR225i's or Sennheiser HD600/50's, but would like to try them out before buying.

thanx.

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 7

Magnolia Audio
52 N Winchester Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Tel: 408-423-5100

It is off Stevens Creek Blvd and near Valley Fair. Unfortunately they are actually cutting down on the number of headphones they carry and I am not sure if you can demo headphones there. You can always call them to find out.

Dec 10, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #7 of 7
I remember auditioning the Sennheiser HD-650 at Century Stereo in the El Paseo shopping center off Saratoga Avenue. They also have a Peachtree Nova amplifier to demo. If you like Bowers and Wilkins Speakers, this is a great place to demo them. They have a very expensive pair of 802 or 803 diamonds (I can't remember exactly which model number). In my opinion, I have heard better speakers for far cheaper, but I might not have been impressed due to the amplifiers they use (McIntosh).

In terms of Grado, there is really only one place to go and that is Audible Arts in downtown Campbell. Jeff is the owner of the shop and he is a very awesome guy to talk with. Jeff is very informative and understands that high end audio doesn't necessarily have to come at premium. In his shop, you can demo the Grado SR-80, SR-325, RS-1 & RS-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back