Where to go from the Sony V6?
Oct 14, 2010 at 7:55 PM Post #16 of 19
I ended up looking around some more and I found the MKII at the exact same price as the Studio (inc. shipping) so I ended up going for that.

Thanks a lot for your help, I should receive them either tomorrow or Saturday (it's being delivered by courier so I'm hoping they deliver on Saturdays). I'm glad to finally have decided on something after well over a month of searching 
tongue_smile.gif
 Thanks for helping me make up my mind at last.

Also, to those who said their V6 has no bass, I'm pretty amazed by that, everyone else says the V6 have a lot of bass (though not everyone considers it to be too much like me). The old production must be a lot different than the new but it sounds like they both share the same treble problem.

Oct 14, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #17 of 19
I hope you like them and would be interested in what you think.
I remember getting a pair a year ago and I think they were defective. They sounded very muffled and the sound was too airy and inaccurate. I ended up returning them. I gave them them a second chance a year later and risked it and I'm so glad I did! The new pair sounded NOTHING like the first (defective pair).

Mine didn't need any burn-in to sound good out of the box, but I did it anyway. They definitely made me want to listen to more classical music that's for sure. After burn-in the bass seems to be more controlled, however this is possible. So far I haven't found any type of music that sounds bad on them.

I like them so much I plan on buying the K271/272 soon to see if they sound any different and figure out which one I like best. I think the prices must be much better on AKG products in the UK. The 271 here is almost $165USD. The 272 HD is even worse. Buy.com and Amazon are selling them for $329! Maybe they're built better then the 271, so who knows.

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #18 of 19
I reckon you made a good buy, the vocals on the k271 are a bit suboptimal - some people have described the sound as nasal.  Wonder if its because of the closed design, vs 240's semi-open?

I will have to have a listen to the 240 one of these days for reference.

Oct 15, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 19
AKG seem to be one of the few brands you can buy over here for a reasonable price, but they're pretty hard to come by, even online. I think the K271 (MKII) works out at the same price here, the absolute lowest I found it at was £99 (just under $160). It's most likely due to them being manufactured in Austria, even though the import rates are ridiculous in the UK, since the products are coming from the EU the end price winds up being fairly reasonable. You can get Sennheiser and Sony headphones fairly cheap here too, everything else works out being quite a lot more expensive than it is in the US though.

Quote:
I hope you like them and would be interested in what you think.
I remember getting a pair a year ago and I think they were defective. They sounded very muffled and the sound was too airy and inaccurate. I ended up returning them. I gave them them a second chance a year later and risked it and I'm so glad I did! The new pair sounded NOTHING like the first (defective pair).

Mine didn't need any burn-in to sound good out of the box, but I did it anyway. They definitely made me want to listen to more classical music that's for sure. After burn-in the bass seems to be more controlled, however this is possible. So far I haven't found any type of music that sounds bad on them.

I like them so much I plan on buying the K271/272 soon to see if they sound any different and figure out which one I like best. I think the prices must be much better on AKG products in the UK. The 271 here is almost $165USD. The 272 HD is even worse. Buy.com and Amazon are selling them for $329! Maybe they're built better then the 271, so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back