Where To Download Lossless Music
Jul 18, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #32 of 158
Aug 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #35 of 158
A few more HD stores I'v been buying from:

www.naimlabel.com
www.analekta.com/en/
www.gubemusic.com/

Aug 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #36 of 158
I'm downloading from the B&W Society of Sound right now.  $59.99 a year gets you over 24 albums, including recordings from the London Symphony Orchestra.  I just downloaded a Robert Fripp album, and am about to download a Peter Gabriel live album as well.  They also have binaural recordings- the music is 'meh', but the ambience is pretty freaky

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Society_of_Sound/Overview.html

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #37 of 158
HDTracks seems to have the most popular releases.  I haven't had any issues buying from them.  It would just be nice if they let you retrieve back purchases like iTunes does.  I recommend getting some DVD-R's and backing up your purchases onto them.

Anyway, make sure you review a release to death before you buy from there.  I have found many that really aren't a huge step above a CD when I listen to them.

I would start buying from iTunes if they ever went to Apple Lossless for everything.  I doubt they will though until we have much larger capacity iPods or everybody has extremely fast internet connections to their mobile devices for streaming.

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #38 of 158
HDTracks seems to have the most popular releases.  I haven't had any issues buying from them.  It would just be nice if they let you retrieve back purchases like iTunes does.  I recommend getting some DVD-R's and backing up your purchases onto them.

Anyway, make sure you review a release to death before you buy from there.  I have found many that really aren't a huge step above a CD when I listen to them.

I would start buying from iTunes if they ever went to Apple Lossless for everything.  I doubt they will though until we have much larger capacity iPods or everybody has extremely fast internet connections to their mobile devices for streaming.

Yes to all this! Research research research. I learned the hard way: Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" is absolutely atrocious in hi-res. Probably less dynamic range than the remastered CD. Also the Eric Johnson "Ah Via Musicom" is completely different from the CD, and not even authorized by him (he left a scathing diatribe on his website about it). So yeah, do your homework before splurging. :)

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #39 of 158
Sep 14, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #40 of 158
Just discover melodishop.com today. Apparently, according to their website, the site is legal but don't understand why the price are very cheap. Did anyone tried to download from them and tell if the quality of their song is good? They offer some FLAC as well for only $0.30 per song. What I am also worried about, other than the Sound quality, is if it safe to download from them.

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #41 of 158
  Just discover melodishop.com today. Apparently, according to their website, the site is legal but don't understand why the price are very cheap. Did anyone tried to download from them and tell if the quality of their song is good? They offer some FLAC as well for only $0.30 per song. What I am also worried about, other than the Sound quality, is if it safe to download from them.

I can confirm I have downloaded from them  & sound quality is very good & customer  service is very good. in my experience.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #42 of 158
What kind of .flac they have? 24/96, 24/192 or others? I am curios as the price is way to cheap from the current market price.

Sep 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #43 of 158

Guys, mostly all I'm seeing there are 320 bit MP3's. I see a couple FLAC files, but who knows if they may be the same low bit-rate files just in another format? For that price they probably are. 

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #44 of 158
I REALLY like the selection available on Qobuz, but they're prices are outrageous, and apparently your account has to be 'unlocked' if you are not in France.

It would be great if Amazon Music Store would offer FLAC downloads.  Why CD-quality FLAC downloads are available in France but not the USA, I really will never know.  It would make more sense to offer it in the USA and make the money.

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #45 of 158
 melodishop.com has the latest albums in mp3 format .they also have flac albums available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back