Where To Download Lossless Music
Jul 3, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #20 of 158
^ whoah, debaserr has been on Head-Fi since 2008, and with these three posts, brings his count up to 5!  Way to choose your posts!  Great links.

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #22 of 158
DigitalFreak and debaserr, incredible lists thanks fellows. Just wondering two things

1) Do either of you have a favourite amongst the many online stores listed?

2) Has this been stickied anywhere? - Maybe I'm just not noticing but it's such a key topic, I'm even surpised that there's not alot more activity on this thread.

Cheers,

Feb 17, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #23 of 158

Quote:
DigitalFreak and debaserr, incredible lists thanks fellows. Just wondering two things

1) Do either of you have a favourite amongst the many online stores listed?

2) Has this need stickied anywhere? - Maybe I'm just not noticing but it's such a key topic, I'm even surpised that there's not alot more activity on this thread.

Cheers,

Wish there was a way to sticky this thread but there doesn't seem to be. I've tried to keep some sort of activity going but to no avail. Oh well at least we have a decent list of flac download sites now. Thanks for the recognition

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #26 of 158
Thanks for the list, I love Beatport for its HQ DJ music now!

A link i'm dying to see though is one that will have lossless format (Wav) rock music (Three Days Grace, 30 Seconds to Mars, Linkin Park, etc.).

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #27 of 158

Thanks for this. Love Girl Talk's stuff....hate the name. I always get strange looks from people when they ask me what I'm rockin' at the gym and I sheepishly say, "Girl Talk". Thanks OP for starting a great resource thread. Do they even do stickies here at HF?
Quote:
http://illegal-art.net/shop/

Highly recommend downloading Girl Talk's latest 2 albums: 

- Set It Off:  http://illegal-art.net/shop/#release117
- All Day:  http://illegal-art.net/allday/

... which are free to download losslessly.  There are several other artists releasing through this site, but I haven't checked them out yet.  I didn't like Girl Talk's previous stuff, but his best (and most recent) stuff is available for free on the site, legitimately.  Feel free to donate if you like.

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #28 of 158
Keep up the good work guys...
If you don't mind me saying most of those are of no use to me :frowning2:
Guess I'm more mainstream!..lol

Where is my Abba remix in 24bit 192khz... lol ... I am jokin.... :)

May 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #29 of 158
Thought I'd share some experiences: I love www.qobuz.com, even though their website is in French. Google Translate does a wonderful job, though. Their 'studio master' recordings start at 44.1kHz/24bit and go up to 96kHz/24bit. Sweet, and very affordable: around €15 for a lossless album.

I wanted to buy something off beatport.com, but it appeared they add $1 per song (!) for lossless downloads. Sent an email to customer service and got this back:

Lossless files have an additional charge for downloading due to bandwidth and server space allocated to download a large WAV file.

Crappy reason. I'll probably never (try to) buy anything there ever again.

Finally: not sure if it's already on the list, but www.djshop.de also offers lossless downloads at a good price. As the name suggests though, it's only dance/house/electro/... If that's what you like, they have a pretty decent catalog.

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #30 of 158
Linn Records, can purchase outside from U.S.
www.linnrecords.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back