Where To Download Lossless Music
Dec 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #91 of 158
Mar 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #94 of 158
Here is a link to a Canadian record label called Arts & Crafts: http://www.galleryac.com/
I am not 100% about all the genres they cover. I only re-bought an album from here that I had purchased through itunes a few years earlier. I imagine their catalogue is indie/folk/electronic-folk kinda stuff.
The album came as  FLAC files at 16bit/44.1khz. You can also get Apple Lossless.

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #95 of 158
If offered in your country, I highly recommend the streaming service from Qobuz. Here in The Netherlands it's €20/month, for which you get unlimited streaming of their entire (some exceptions) catalogue in cd quality. I think I have bought my last cd ever...

Mar 5, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #97 of 158
Yeah amazon should step it up and be the first to say "lossy sucks; we know what you really want" but then again, most users probably wouldn't notice a difference. Regardless, I like their auto-rip thing when I order a CD. (Yes I still buy CDs.... I'm an old fart I guess)

Sorry I meant to quote this post when I mentioned about how I still buy CDs as well and then  I rip them to lossless to my computer for travel purposes. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #98 of 158
"I still buy CDs as well and then rip them to my computer in Lossless for travel purposes!"

Yeah I leave a FLAC copy on my home server, and then when I upload to my phone, I transcode the file to a MP3. In my car or on the go, my speakers aren't good enough to reveal differences between lossy or lossless so I use lossy on my phone. But at home it's all lossless and having all those CDs on a bookshelf is also a fun collection.

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #99 of 158
Sorry I meant to quote this post when I mentioned about how I still buy CDs as well and then  I rip them to lossless to my computer for travel purposes. 

Ya..I ripped all my CDs onto a portable hard disk...lossless.
N I bring along for longer trips.
Otherwise I just load enough albums to kill that two hours lunch break. ..into the laptop.

Mar 19, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #100 of 158
Not sure if im doing it right, but
http://bandcamp.com
I get almost all of my music there. Artists themselves have to upload it though, so mostly its just rookie artists there, won't find many popular artists. Downloads are available in mp3 320, mp3 v0, flac, wav, aiff, and probably some more formats after that...

May 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #101 of 158
I encountered Melodishop recently and my immediate reaction was: although they state they pay royalties to the recording artists as required by law, considering their average price of about $2.50 per FLAC album, I'm very skeptical they do actually pay royalties. I've done some research on the company and there is plenty of stuff available to suggest that this is far from legitimate and highly risky if you give them your CC#. I wouldn't touch this with the proverbial ten foot pole, myself. Is there any solid, indisputable information about this merchant that can shed light on their legitimacy/illegitimacy?

May 12, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #102 of 158
It is not very likely that they pay any royalties from the $2,50 you would pay for an album. And if they lie about that, I would also not believe them on any statement about carefully handling your credit card. My advice: don't go there.

(And in addition: thanks for supporting your favourite artists by paying a fair price for their work!)

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #103 of 158
Yo guys,s sorry for being away for such a long while. Anyways, the list looks like a digs breakfast but its been updated.

Aug 6, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #104 of 158
I see that the music is a bit more expensive. I usually buy used CDs. Is it possible to rip those CDs into a FLAC or ALAC that is the same quality as hdtracks.com and such? I am new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #105 of 158
  I see that the music is a bit more expensive. I usually buy used CDs. Is it possible to rip those CDs into a FLAC or ALAC that is the same quality as hdtracks.com and such? I am new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

While hdtracks sells CD's that's really not what that site is about. That site is primarily about hd music - meaning higher bit-depth and resolution than CD's. CD's are always 44.1kHz/16bit while hd is typically 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit (you also need higher quality hardware/players and headphones to play and really benefit from those hd resolution files). If you just want to stick with CD's you can rip those to FLAC or ALAC easily without losing any quality (regardless of whether you download CD files or purchase the CD's and rip them directly - I think that is the cheapest option and if you stick with purchasing physical CD's I think buying them directly from Amazon or some other store like that and ripping yourself may be cheaper than downloads).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back