Where To Download Lossless Music
May 31, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #136 of 158
  For those with an iPod Touch player what app do you prefer to convert the FLAC music downloads
to play properly on an ipod touch? Am just experimenting with my new iopd touch....
I have 10 gb left....have a feeling i'll be ditching my 32gb very shortly for something larger.

some articles i came across: 
http://www.digitaltrends.com/music/playing-flac-files-on-ios-devices/#:eJUb05LS00RWDA

someone one noted to me on here that you the conversion to full flac is lost when converted to apple
so try apps like iflactunes (?) etc....any others?

dbpoweramp - I bought the paid version.  One stop shop.  Multi-core conversion.  Fast, efficient, and has codecs to even convert DSD.
https://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Jun 2, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #138 of 158
Is Pono domain free?  Can you take your music out of the library?

or is it like apple where u can't copy the music out of the library for your own use.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #140 of 158
I had to download it into the pono library they give you.  You can copy it out of there, but I don't know if it's allowed.

Funny enough, if you upload the pono library it places all your itunes music in there, too.  except here, you can copy all the itunes music out of the pono library onto your desktop  or into a folder and ta-dah...  it is no longer domain restricted.  free.

But like i said earlier, i don't know if this is permitted, it seems contrary.  They have terms and conditions that say it is not allowed for someone to copy music (very general)... so if you guys want to look into this go for it yourself.  I have no interest in dealing with pono right now as long as i can use bandcamp or 7digital.  

I have no interest in splurging on an ugly looking, inconveniently shaped DAP, when a fiio will more than suffice.

Again, i am not sure if pono is domain free or not...  there was nothing on google, so if anybody finds out i and i'm sure others, would be interested to know.

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #141 of 158
Is Pono domain free?  Can you take your music out of the library?

or is it like apple where u can't copy the music out of the library for your own use.

There's no DRM or any other restriction on music you buy from the Pono store.  You can use it on any device...

So far as I know, Apple hasn't had DRM on its AAC 256 music for years.  So you should be good either way.

Jun 3, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #142 of 158
  There's no DRM or any other restriction on music you buy from the Pono store.  You can use it on any device...

So far as I know, Apple hasn't had DRM on its AAC 256 music for years.  So you should be good either way.

Thank you i wasn't sure.

Jun 4, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #143 of 158
Canali -- have you checked out 7Digital for music downloads? I'm not sure if it's in Canada, but they have a big library...very modern (instead of just classic rock and whatnot)...and a lot of stuff is available as singles, not just albums.

Also, Flactunes is what I use to convert FLACs to ALAC.

Jun 4, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #144 of 158
Canali -- have you checked out 7Digital for music downloads? I'm not sure if it's in Canada, but they have a big library...very modern (instead of just classic rock and whatnot)...and a lot of stuff is available as singles, not just albums.

Also, Flactunes is what I use to convert FLACs to ALAC.

thanks..will check it out...and consider listening to you next time on bigger storage capacities lol.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #145 of 158
thanks..will check it out...and consider listening to you next time on bigger storage capacities lol.

Are you within any sort of a return/exchange 30-day window or anything? If you bought new, maybe you can upgrade...I'm sure the store would love to take more of your money.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #146 of 158
  Are you within any sort of a return/exchange 30-day window or anything? If you bought new, maybe you can upgrade...I'm sure the store would love to take more of your money.

no bought mine craigslist for US$160 32gb...so was a good deal...new unused.

what a diff the dragonfly red does make (esp with the onkyo hf player) on itunes vs streaming, even on tidal.
you can see the bitrate changing from green to red when on itunes.

Aug 28, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #148 of 158
  Thought I'd share some experiences: I love www.qobuz.com, even though their website is in French. Google Translate does a wonderful job, though. Their 'studio master' recordings start at 44.1kHz/24bit and go up to 96kHz/24bit. Sweet, and very affordable: around €15 for a lossless album.

I wanted to buy something off beatport.com, but it appeared they add $1 per song (!) for lossless downloads. Sent an email to customer service and got this back:

Crappy reason. I'll probably never (try to) buy anything there ever again.

Finally: not sure if it's already on the list, but www.djshop.de also offers lossless downloads at a good price. As the name suggests though, it's only dance/house/electro/... If that's what you like, they have a pretty decent catalog.

Most if not all the time lossless should cost more than the mp3 counterpart for obvious reason. If you can't shell out the extra dollar you have no business buying the music.

Aug 29, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #150 of 158
 If you find Cd quality 16/44 and 24/44 files good enough. https://www.onkyomusic.com/US/ has a decent selection at a price not to much higher than what a MP3/4 from iTunes costs. They are also now starting to offer MQA files. And most albums you can buy per song or the entire album.. 

I see a lot of band camp on here.. I was on there a few days ago. Found an artist I was looking for. But noticed the source of the files seemed odd. So I did a bit of research and found out that the source of the files I was going to buy was a company who's main business is selling vinyl to dj's and have no affiliation with the artist at all.. So the concept of band camp is great but do yourself a favor and research a few minutes to make sure what you buy actually get the royalties to the artist that made the music..

Edit:: I forgot to mention. Every song I purchased on Onkyo I can download 5 to 10 times. 5 times for singles and 10 times for whole album purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

Back