Where to buy Stax?
Sep 11, 2011 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

StephenPM

New Head-Fier
I'm afraid I'm stuck in the audio boonies down here in Kentucky where Stax definitely does not have a distributor. I'd very much like to buy a Stax SRS-2170 from a reputable source and preferably one that is Stax authorized. From where have fellow Head-Fi'ers been buying their Stax products? Or do all of you happen to live next door to an honest-to-goodness brick-and-motor audio shop, the likes of which haven't been seen in this part of the world in quite a few years?

Signed,
Lost in the Wilderness

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 6
I think you will have more luck trying the STAX thread over in 'High-end Audio Forum', I am not from US so I don't think I can help much.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/113/high-end-audio-forum

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 6
There are a few regular Stax sellers on eBay who claim to be based in Japan and can connect with Stax Japan.

You could ask in the Stax thread if anyone has experience with those specific eBay sellers to see if they're reliable or not.

I think most people buy their gear used here, on Audiogon, or on Canuckaudiomart.  You could put up a WTB ad and go with someone who has a good trader feedback.  I don't think there will be any audible difference between a new or used amp, other than burn-in.

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 6
You might try Elusive Disc (USA) or PriceJapan (Japan). Warranty is an issue to consider when ordering direct from Japan with shipping costs.

I don't believe Woo carries the Stax amps, only some headphones models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back