Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Jan 29, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #1,232 of 1,964
Yeah you would hope that in the For Sale for SinglePower they would be reduced considerably to match the quality of work done on these, regardless of how great it sounds.

That and if you ever need repair, one another audio repair dude would probably not want to touch it, be horrified. And well, asking Mikhail to do it would just cause your blood vessels to burst and then you would have a medical bill also.

But since these owners did pay thousands for it, I don't think you will see SingplePower prices drop as they don't want to lose so much money.

More than likely, at least my hope, people will just stop buying SinglePower all together.

Why buy SinglePower when you could get something from Craig, Red Wine, Woo or Dark Voice I ask? Why bother with this kind of stress?

Jan 29, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #1,233 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm. I am very familiar with CAD/CAM and this just seems a bit...well untrue.

I would go further. I would say that it's pure, polished to within .0001 nm, bollocks. And, therefore, totally consistent with the amp's internals and the entire sorry line M expects his customers to swallow. My experience with McAlister Audio, horrendous and costly as it was, pales beside the train wreck that has hit some of those posting in this thread. My sympathies to you all.

** shakes fist in the direction of SP's Colarado HQ **

o

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #1,234 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by daleda@sbcglobal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should think SP products have a much lower value now all this is being disclosed - his company credibility is gone - probably never to be rebuilt - another ponzi scheme revealed!

Even before those pictures were released this thread has servearly reduced the resale value of Single power amps.

Who would want to buy a used amp if there is a fair chance it will break within a few years. Plus, if it does break you will not be able to send it back to single power because of all the shenanigans from this very thread. Who would buy that? I would never ever ever!

I feel sorry to anyone who still has a working SP amp and wants to sell it. Mikhail's business practices have severely hurt your resale value. So sad.

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #1,235 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who would want to buy a used amp if there is a fair chance it will break within a few years. Plus, if it does break you will not be able to send it back to single power because of all the shenanigans from this very thread. Who would buy that? I would never ever ever!

I know, after reading this thread, I've given up on at least two opportunities to buy SP amps at very nice prices . And these are amps I've heard and very much wanted. As enticing as it was to pull the trigger on those purchases, I let 'em go because the idea of eventually having a giant unfixable paper-weight later on was a much greater motivator than the idea of owning the amps.

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #1,237 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You shouldn't worry about buying SP amps, there are lots of tube amp technicians who can fix them, and the circuits aren't too complicated.

And better yet, if you need to replace something you can just buy it at Walmart
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #1,238 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You shouldn't worry about buying SP amps, there are lots of tube amp technicians who can fix them, and the circuits aren't too complicated.

The possibility of repair is very important to me. I would much rather have a woo audio amp that, if need be, I just ship out and have it fixed within a week.

I don't want to go hunting for someone who can fix a vacuum tube product and *hope* they don't botch it up.

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #1,239 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The possibility of repair is very important to me. I would much rather have a woo audio amp that, if need be, I just ship out and have it fixed within a week.

I don't want to go hunting for someone who can fix a vacuum tube product and *hope* they don't botch it up.

You can always find competent guitar amp techs and tube radio restorers in your area. They can fix tube amps - these are very simple devices. A tube AM radio is about four times more complicated (and have an amplification stage, as well), and even those are a snap to work on. FM and TV are a little more complicated, but are well within the skills of an enthusiast with a 'scope. Guitar amps aren't much different, except they run one channel instead of two. But don't believe for a second that audio amps are complicated. They are not.

Personally, I'd rather have a guitar or radio tech work on my amp. The cost will be lower and it's more likely that they've had better training than some of the audiophile crowd. Folks see that they can charge $400 for soldering in $30 of caps in 45 minutes and you start getting undesirable types in the business.

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #1,240 of 1,964
I must correct these descriptions of Mikhail's operation as a Ponzi scheme. A ponzi scheme is one in which new investors' money is used to PAY INTEREST/DIVIDENDS to earlier investors. It is particularly nasty because it gives the illusion that the profits are earned, when they are simply transferred from a continually widening new investor base of the pyramid.

From what I've read, sounds like Mikhail is the owner of a company whose integrity and workmanship is presently questionable. It's tempting to label it so in these financial times, but Singlepower is no ponzi scheme.

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #1,241 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally, I'd rather have a guitar or radio tech work on my amp. The cost will be lower and it's more likely that they've had better training than some of the audiophile crowd. Folks see that they can charge $400 for soldering in $30 of caps in 45 minutes and you start getting undesirable types in the business.

I aree.

A shop near me in Los Angeles called 'Solution Audio' charges $25.00 minimum when you bring the gear in. I take my speaker amps there and have been very happy. This is where I will take my MPX next time it has problems
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #1,244 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can always find competent guitar amp techs and tube radio restorers in your area. They can fix tube amps - these are very simple devices. A tube AM radio is about four times more complicated (and have an amplification stage, as well), and even those are a snap to work on. FM and TV are a little more complicated, but are well within the skills of an enthusiast with a 'scope. Guitar amps aren't much different, except they run one channel instead of two. But don't believe for a second that audio amps are complicated. They are not.

My amp was fixed free by the person who made it. Beat that!

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #1,245 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is messy on the inside.nice looking on the outside, and sounds great. And I belive it is mine forever. Thanks Mikhail.

Mark, did you have that amp at one of the NYC meets a couple of years ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back