Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Dec 24, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #871 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
"Anyway since we were talking about voltage and current, the other day I was slowly inserting an HE1.2b. I don't usually do it, but I did since we were in the middle Anyway, the plug is rather tight, and hence it was plugged in slowly. Right towards the end of plugging it in I got a rather nasty shock. Nothing fatal (I don't think I am dead, but I'm open to being proved wrong here), but it did raise my heartbeat and make my hands go numb. operator error for sure!

Btw - (phew!)"

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------

NEIL!!!!

Am I reading this right?
You west coast headfi' guys sure know how to have fun!
Dan

Dec 24, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #872 of 1,964
It's kinda nasty the way the Stax plug is set up with exposed pins and all. I'd say it's better to plug just the adapter in first and then attach the XLR from the 1.2 into it instead of plugging the whole thing in at once. The XLR connectors have evolved over the decades of hooking up live sound in the rain etc. so they're extremely safe. Even with the pins surrounded by a shield, the ground pin (pin #1) is always a little longer on XLR's so it's grounded first before any voltage is applied. That's one of the reasons that the broadcast standard is to use XLR's (usually 4 or 5 pin) for hooking into power for location gear (camcorders etc). I also avoids any surge into the equipment from the momentary capacitance caused by the gap between connectors when plugging them in.
BTW, have a safe and fun holidays guys!

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #874 of 1,964
The 5 Stages of Grief:

The five stages of grief are:
1-Denial-"this can't be happening to me"... Not accepting or even acknowledging the loss.

2-Anger-"why me?", feelings of wanting to fight back or get even...

3-Bargaining-bargaining often takes place before the loss. Attempting to make deals. Begging, wishing, praying for it to come back.

4-Depression-overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity. Feeling lack of control, feeling numb. Perhaps feeling suicidal.

5-Acceptance-there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. You have to accept the loss, not just try to bear it quietly. Finding the good that can come out of the pain of loss, finding comfort and healing. Our goals turn toward personal growth. Stay with fond memories of the person.

It seems from the past couple of pages that we have many members in all five of these categories.

Dec 27, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #875 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say it's better to plug just the adapter in first and then attach the XLR from the 1.2 into it instead of plugging the whole thing in at once. The XLR connectors have evolved over the decades of hooking up live sound in the rain etc. so they're extremely safe.

Excellent suggestions. Spot on.
beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #877 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 5 Stages of Grief:

The five stages of grief are:
1-Denial-"this can't be happening to me"... Not accepting or even acknowledging the loss.

2-Anger-"why me?", feelings of wanting to fight back or get even...

3-Bargaining-bargaining often takes place before the loss. Attempting to make deals. Begging, wishing, praying for it to come back.

4-Depression-overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity. Feeling lack of control, feeling numb. Perhaps feeling suicidal.

5-Acceptance-there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. You have to accept the loss, not just try to bear it quietly. Finding the good that can come out of the pain of loss, finding comfort and healing. Our goals turn toward personal growth. Stay with fond memories of the person.

It seems from the past couple of pages that we have many members in all five of these categories.

I'm pretty sure thats stages of death acceptance
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #878 of 1,964
No, it's separation and divorce, which is what some members are experiencing with their amps.

Dec 27, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #879 of 1,964
Quote:

I know that Head-Fi meets are open to all members and friends who wish to attend, but I believe a mandate should be applied, that Mikhail cannot attend any meets including the National (in which he pays no fees and has the ability to take future orders).

His business practices are the antithesis of our credo here at Head-Fi and should not be supported in any way, shape or form.

And would you believe Mikhail is planning on attending the upcoming NC head-fi meet in two months.... http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/of...2009-a-360873/

Personally, I can't believe it..........

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #880 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not an amp .... but I got my ECC TYPE #2 adapters on Christmas Eve.

Hurrah.Still no word on my amp

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #882 of 1,964
Quote:

No, it's separation and divorce, which is what some members are experiencing with their amps.

Exactly. And each time my MPX makes any unexpected crack/pop/noise etc., I get paranoids about being cheated
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #884 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The meet planner should be responsible for un-inviting Mikhail right? If not then maybe the meet is not worth attending?!?!?

I bet there are a few people who would go just to give him a piece of their mind... or so it seems from this thread. That's why I'm shocked that he would make a public appearance with so many unfinished upgrades/repairs.

Dec 28, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #885 of 1,964
Its sad but there are many people who would go and drool over his equipment and his every word. I also believe people having problems purposely don't show up with a pitchfork in hand because they fear the same kind of retaliation Tom just experienced. So he ends up showing a few jewels to people and they place orders and so it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back