Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Dec 17, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #841 of 1,964
Looks like the headband package is in my company's mail distribution system. I'll post some pictures when I have it in my hands and access to my camera.

It supposedly has been really revamped so we'll see how different it is from how it used to be.

Dec 17, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #842 of 1,964
For those of us who don't know, what do you mean by headband?

Dec 17, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #843 of 1,964
Icarium has a special headband made by SP for the qualias. Supposedly it fits most of not all heads well. Stock qualias are notorious for being difficult with fit (I've given up as well), and the SP headband resolves this issue....at $1500 I believe.

Would love to hear more about the new, revamped version. =)

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #844 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by didwlgh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Icarium has a special headband made by SP for the qualias. Supposedly it fits most of not all heads well. Stock qualias are notorious for being difficult with fit (I've given up as well), and the SP headband resolves this issue....at $1500 I believe.

Would love to hear more about the new, revamped version. =)

$1500 for a headband? that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #845 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnSmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$1500 for a headband? that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

I'll quote that for the truth.

Thanks for the info didwlgh.

Dec 17, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #846 of 1,964
Shrug the stock headband while is fragile and not adjustable is ~1k from Sony direct. With that logic a more durable and adjustable headband for 1.5k might not be completely unreasonable provided Qualia are absolutely your ideal headphone when you get that magic fit.

Some people pay a lot more for cabling.

Anyway I would ahve been fine without it since the medium headband fits my head just fine. I also basically got the headband for free with the pair of Qualias I bought.

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM Post #847 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shrug the stock headband while is fragile and not adjustable is ~1k from Sony direct. With that logic a more durable and adjustable headband for 1.5k might not be completely unreasonable provided Qualia.

You've hit upon something great... I'm visualizing Nordost Valhalla headbands
tongue.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #848 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shrug the stock headband while is fragile and not adjustable is ~1k from Sony direct. With that logic a more durable and adjustable headband for 1.5k might not be completely unreasonable provided Qualia are absolutely your ideal headphone when you get that magic fit.

Anyway I would ahve been fine without it since the medium headband fits my head just fine. I also basically got the headband for free with the pair of Qualias I bought.

Dan,

Don't forget to post the picture of your headband. Is it made of stainless steel or carbon fiber? For those who have never tried the Qualia, a good fit is important in order to get good sound. Most medium size headband are way too big for many.

Dec 18, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #849 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've hit upon something great... I'm visualizing Nordost Valhalla headbands
tongue.gif

Why stop at paltry Nordost? Why not go for the gusto with some Jena Labs Awakening Ultra headbands at $18,000 per 3' sections?!? What a deal!!!
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #850 of 1,964
Hahahahaha.... humor has finally entered this thread... finally!

Anyway since we were talking about voltage and current, the other day I had my amp on and I was slowly inserting an HE1.2b. Someone else was listening to the HE90. Anyway, I don't usually do it, but I did since we were in the middle of a song. Anyway, the plug is rather tight, and hence it was plugged in slowly. Right towards the end of plugging it in I got a rather nasty shock. Nothing fatal (I don't think I am dead, but I'm open to being proved wrong here), but it did raise my heartbeat and make my hands go numb.

Anyway - don't do this!
wink.gif
operator error for sure!

Btw - the amp is fine (phew!)

Neil

PS - take a look at my avatar. I'm working on a super new 3l33t headband myself... I like to call it the orgasmatron. Yeah others may have beat me to the punch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U3LL...eature=related) the difference is, I'll charge waaay more.

Dec 20, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #851 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing fatal (I don't think I am dead, but I'm open to being proved wrong here), but it did raise my heartbeat and make my hands go numb.

Hey Neil,
Next time I see you, I can now say "I see dead people".
Hey, can I get some of your equipment (NWO would be nice) if, in case you do not recover from another similar mishap?
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #852 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahahahaha.... humor has finally entered this thread... finally!

Anyway since we were talking about voltage and current, the other day I had my amp on and I was slowly inserting an HE1.2b. Someone else was listening to the HE90. Anyway, I don't usually do it, but I did since we were in the middle of a song. Anyway, the plug is rather tight, and hence it was plugged in slowly. Right towards the end of plugging it in I got a rather nasty shock. Nothing fatal (I don't think I am dead, but I'm open to being proved wrong here), but it did raise my heartbeat and make my hands go numb.

Anyway - don't do this!
wink.gif
operator error for sure!

Btw - the amp is fine (phew!)

Neil

PS - take a look at my avatar. I'm working on a super new 3l33t headband myself... I like to call it the orgasmatron. Yeah others may have beat me to the punch (YouTube - The Tickler) the difference is, I'll charge waaay more.

Was the shock from the connector, the cable, or the headphones? It seems like there have been some quality control issues with the HE headphones; I hope they don't turn out to be deadly
frown.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #854 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was the shock from the connector, the cable, or the headphones? It seems like there have been some quality control issues with the HE headphones; I hope they don't turn out to be deadly
frown.gif

That's an interesting point you bring up here. Since, I have never had this experience while plugging in any of my other headphones, and I've "hot-plugged" my HE90 quite a bit. This is not something I want to really experiment with per se, but if anyone else has "stumbled" upon this, let us know. I just assumed it was the amp - but.... maybe not.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back