Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Dec 28, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #901 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why you *wouldn't* want to put the pressure on him,you probably have quite a lot of money tied up in it.

It's so frustrating dealing with him and my system sounds so good without this piece in question that I am not inclined to push right now. I will eventually.

Dec 28, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #902 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I pointed out earlier, Mikhail is not the problem, its the people who keep on coming back for more, and have him come to meets. He has been exposed, this thread is how long? What would you have me do, show up and read this thread to everyone who walks up to Mikhails table? I want no part of arguing with Mikhails zealots who call him an artist in order to defend his right to abuse people. I will save that for the fourm where it reaches the most people. Arguing with a bunch of people who confuse topology and sound quality with integrity and honesty in person is not my cup of tea. I think everyone knows how I feel about this, and holding rallies at the Cool-Aid despenser is not productive, My words have been backed up by Mikhails actions over and over again. The ironic thing is the zealots spend more time defending him and his headphone amplifier buisness than he spends running it, they care and he doesnt give a rats patoot about them.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by blubliss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not only does he not have a stake in the situation, he has never heard the equipment in question, spoken to Mikhail, and probably done nothing but read this thread. We all know that forums hold the gospel truth, right?
wink.gif

What does the sound of his equipment have to do with this thread? When did I ever say his equipment doesn't sound good? Surely you don't believe that people cant see you are making up things to argue about, maybe if you had stopped doing business with Mikhail along time ago then you would not be so hostile.

While everyone knows Mikhail is a ridiculously inferior businessman who can not tell the truth a lot of the time, he has never been a scammer or a thief. This has been documented well in this thread and it is great that those with actual experience post their horror stories. For myself, unless he changed his current practices, I would not buy anything from him again. I still have equipment (besides my amps) to be repaired which is non-functional, so I still have a stake in this game.

Looks like you contradicted yourself. If he is not a scammer or a thief then why say things like "I have a stake in this game"?

Since the moderators see fit to let olblu******* keep stirring the pot with his idiotic assertions, I guess people will need to keep clarifying, as they always do after his inane posts.

Contradict yourself again? Try reading the rules for the forum.You need to take a look in the mirror. If you don't see a hypocrite then maybe you need to re-read this thread.

For those thinking about buying SP, I would not do so at this time. As for Mikhail being invited to meets, I agree that he should not be allowed to go, until he makes serious changes. This would send a message.

This is one of the points I was making when you derailed this thread with your personal problems again.

Quote:

Glad we agree. I do think its pathetic that you and a few others cant post in this thread without insulting people. Also, thanks for reinforcing my points.

Quote:

You just insulted every SP owner by saying they are the problem, which is completely wrong, and now you snivel like a baby when I call you out as making idiotic assertions while having no stake in the game and very limited info on the subject.

Obviously you are taking my comments out of context to further your trolling and to mislead people about what I said. What I said is "As I pointed out earlier, Mikhail is not the problem, its the people who keep on coming back for more" This would describe you correct? He has your equipment now right?

Please shut your mouth and get out of this thread once and for all. We who have issues can take care of ourselves without your drivel.

Hey, I made a rhyme.
biggrin.gif

Sticks and Stones.

Quote:

What I said was, people who order equipment knowing all the problems with SP are the problem. You saying that I insulated everyone is what I was talking about when I said some people continuously confuse topology and sound quality with integrity and honesty. I think to people who are not overly emotional and angry it is clear what I was saying. BTW, insults are against forum policy so I don't understand why you continue on about me breaking the rules and how the moderators should do something about me. Anyone can read your post and see that you are trolling and that I am making good points and not breaking the rules around here. Just so we are crystal on this, I don't think all SP customers are the problem, personally I think a lot of them who encountered problems are victims and people like yourself are the problem. You deciding for everyone who should and should not post in this thread is why I will never stop defending myself or posting my opinions of this subject in this thread. You wont buy his products, you don't think he should be allowed to go to meets and your equipment doesn't work. My amp works, and yes its not a SP. From what I can tell you are the one making ridiculous assertions like who can post and that no one can post unless you have problems with Mikhail. I don't really care if you insult me, it just makes you look bad and makes my point for me. Good Luck getting your equipment fixed.

Originally Posted by olblueyez
What I said was, people who order equipment knowing all the problems with SP are the problem.
No here is what you said.

"As I pointed out earlier, Mikhail is not the problem, its the people who keep on coming back for more" You are making my point for me on this one. Surely you can read yes? Is it possible that you dont know the difference between customers and people who wont do buisness with Mikhail any longer?

You wont buy his products, you don't think he should be allowed to go to meets and your amp doesnt work.

Wrong again. Here is what I said.

Originally Posted by blubliss I still have equipment (besides my amps) to be repaired which is non-functional, so I still have a stake in this game

Maybe you should re-read the post again. I made a correction a few seconds after posting. You really are too emotional about this whole thing, all my stuff works, I have nothing to be angry about.

By all means, keep sticking your feet in your mouth.
confused_face(1).gif
[/quote]

wink_face.gif

It would not be possible for me to steal your limelight, your argument contains nothing but insults, contradictions, hypocrocy, and self appointed leadership and just so you are aware, you speak for less people than you think you do.

This is so lame, he is a crook and you chose to do business with him. Thats your problem, why should the forums be dictated by your mistakes? Keep on telling me when and where I can post. Maybe you need a rubber stamp.

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #903 of 1,964
You guys are getting way off base, and your fencing match (I know that there have been a lot of them here, me included) might be better served through the PM system.

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #904 of 1,964
Quote:

Not only does he not have a stake in the situation, he has never heard the equipment in question, spoken to Mikhail, and probably done nothing but read this thread. We all know that forums hold the gospel truth, right?
wink.gif

While everyone knows Mikhail is a ridiculously inferior businessman who can not tell the truth a lot of the time, he has never been a scammer or a thief. This has been documented well in this thread and it is great that those with actual experience post their horror stories. For myself, unless he changed his current practices, I would not buy anything from him again. I still have equipment (besides my amps) to be repaired which is non-functional, so I still have a stake in this game.

Since the moderators see fit to let olblu******* keep stirring the pot with his idiotic assertions, I guess people will need to keep clarifying, as they always do after his inane posts.

For those thinking about buying SP, I would not do so at this time. As for Mikhail being invited to meets, I agree that he should not be allowed to go, until he makes serious changes. This would send a message.

x2

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #905 of 1,964
Quote:

It's so frustrating dealing with him and my system sounds so good without this piece in question that I am not inclined to push right now. I will eventually.

What will happen if you push him? Can you be more specific?

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:05 AM Post #906 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are getting way off base, and your fencing match (I know that there have been a lot of them here, me included) might be better served through the PM system.

I think everyone was on base until he started breaking the forum rules.

Dec 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #907 of 1,964
Quote:

I think everyone was on base until he started breaking the forum rules.

Snivel, snivel.
frown.gif

No need for pm since his ridiculous rants and others responses to the facts make the situation clear to all. I will desist now.

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #908 of 1,964
This thread was started by the OP with one intention. That has spawned off into so many directions that it would take umpteen hours of personal time to sift and weed and prune back to the original direction.
There are many insinuations and accusations that the Mods should have "done this" or "done that", but I feel that this thread is unique to what usually goes on around here.
That, coupled with the fact that there is a lot of money and there are a lot of personal emotions involved.

Usually, when a thread gets this out of hand, it gets closed. Will that help those who are still suffering from the problems that exist that started this thread in the first place? No it won't.
Will it stop the inane bickering between those who have a vested interest and those who are upset by what is happening but don't have anything at stake? Yes, it will.

Which is worse? I can't answer that. I can say that this thread has brought to light, activities that have been occurring that some members might have stepped into, unknowingly. And hopefully it will help us as a community to avoid future issues that involve large amounts of money ($100 to a high school student and $10,000 to a professional).

This thread has served an important purpose. It has given members a platform to where they can hear many sides of a situation, speak about them, and make up their own minds about what they want to do regarding the purchase of new products and spending their hard earned cash. There has been a lot of hearsay and along with that, there's been a lot of factual information brought to the surface. It's up to each individual to decide what they want to do with the information presented here.

This is not your average thread, and therefore, average actions cannot be taken as if life is written in black and white. This has been a thread where people who have been very frustrated for a while now, were able to vent. Venting is better than exploding.

So, I propose, that only those who are, or have been affected by this thread comment, until things get straightened out. If they don't get straightened out, then each person involved needs to make a decision on what they want to do, or not do. Either way, we need to learn from this experience and grow.

Hopefully, everything will be resolved in the long run. If not, then...if not.

Dec 29, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #909 of 1,964
For purposes of clarification, Mikhail stated he was planning to come to the Southern CanFEST 2009 in Charlotte, NC on 2/21/09 about two months ago.
I have since then emailed all exhibitors, including Mikhail, regarding certain organizational issues and their need to contact me. I have not heard back from Mikhail. Thus, I DO NOT have a final confirmation of his intent to attend. Also, I am well aware of the issues many on this site are experiencing/suffering as a result of him, and you all have my sincere sympathy. At the least it is most frustrating and anguishing. I have two SP amps and am suffering along with many of you but not as severely as some. However, I am hoping his attendance, or lack thereof, does not turn into anything political or otherwise. I just want everyone to enjoy the day, meet Joe Grado and have a first class time with all our Head-Fi brothers and sisters.

As it stands, I do not know if he still plans to attend.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or comments.
Thanks,
Danny
CanFEST 2009 Organizer

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/of...2009-a-360873/

Dec 30, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #910 of 1,964
Good, at least it sounds like he is still in business - just ignoring me for the moment.

While I've been waiting the last 18 months, the left channel in my Supra went out. It started with the pre-amp outputs and finally the headphone channel went. Obviously, I'm not goint to send the amp to Mikhial. I live in Phoenix, any recommendations where I should take the amp to get fixed?

I guess I could always listen to the Qualia's through my Hornet
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #911 of 1,964
what's funny is that people always claimed that although the wait times for SP amps were extremely long (not to mention being long on price), the amps themselves were very well built. after reading through this and other threads, the latter does even seem to be true. it seems that there are too many issues with too many of his amps to say that the overall quality of the build is good.

Dec 30, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #912 of 1,964
I think it is in your best interest to send me your Qualias and allow me to use them with my SP amps until Mikhail fixes yours, say in 3-4 years. Any problem with that? I'll take very good care of them.
L3000.gif

Dec 30, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #913 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's funny is that people always claimed that although the wait times for SP amps were extremely long (not to mention being long on price), the amps themselves were very well built. after reading through this and other threads, the latter does even seem to be true. it seems that there are too many issues with too many of his amps to say that the overall quality of the build is good.

Part of that is true. My old style toaster SDS is running like champ at about 10,000 hours. Of course, it had to repair it once for bad diodes. Some of his newer stuffs; however, are not as reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back