Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Sep 9, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #571 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Excuse me, I'm no native speaker.
What is a "missed estimate for update".
I think we don't have an equivalent in our culture .......

Sorry neither am I native English speaker but let me try. Usually he tells me something like 'the amp will ship tomorrow', then nothing happens. This time he told me 'I will give you an update about when the amp will ship' and nothing happened.
Hope this makes it clear.

Not sure if this is cultural or personal. I am starting to accept it as a free Zen lesson Mikhail provides with purchase/upgrade/repair of SP products.
(And for me, this is still far better than the free VooDoo lesson I got from Sound Odyssey regarding the silver output something.)

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #572 of 1,964
Quote:

Fanboy posts justifying the delays and lies, insults against honest members that are already hurt and inaccurate legal opinions pro this Mikhail guy are perfectly ok though.
wink.gif

Are you one of the ones waiting for an amp? If not, stay out of it. I am sure there are posts I've missed. I happened to see the last two I deleted. There is plenty of negative comments against SP, so the idea I am favoring SP by my actions is nonsense. So again, let's keep this on topic. I will do my best to delete those posts that contain insults against honest members (report them if you see them) that are already hurt and any inaccurate legal opinions pro "this Mikhail guy." Now you can stop posting in this thread unless it's on topic. If you are unable to resist, I can assist you.
wink.gif

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #573 of 1,964
In recent years, I can't recall any instances of being lied to by anyone other than Mikhail. Maybe I'm lucky. Sure, I've been in arguments and some heated discussions. But I can't think of even one instance when someone lied to me.

I don't think there's any excuse for Mikhail's repeated lies. This isn't one missed shipped date. It isn't an over-optimistic estimate. Everything Mikhail has been telling me since Feb. 2008 was a lie.

I've really had enough with this entire Singlepower experience. I've decided to wait some more (only a short period of time that I'm not going to specify).

Then I will no longer want anything to do with Singlepower and will not wait anymore, meaning that I will no longer want the amps to be delivered. I will present Mikhail with some options to resolve this, including the option of 3rd party arbitration. Of course, he can refuse to refund my money, refuse to let me sell the amps (based on his claim that they have been upgraded and completed "for months" already), or otherwise refuse anything else that I ask. I understand that.

If so, that will basically leave me with no amps and no money. I can accept this loss. I would rather go without the amps and be out $6600 than continue with the SP experience and being jerked around by Mikhail.

Sep 10, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #574 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you one of the ones waiting for an amp?

I'm one of the ones owning a defective amp, and in need for a repair my interest in the usual Singlepower business ethics respectively lack thereof should be understandable.Frankly, I was and I am still shocked about the way he treats customers.
Quote:

Now you can stop posting in this thread unless it's on topic.

Obviously we don't have the same idea what the topic here was in the beginning and into what it has evolved , but by definition you are right and I'm wrong and arguing about it leads to nothing.
If only those who are actually waiting for an amp are allowed to post here you'd have to delete approximately 70% of the posts, but that's not my problem.
Maybe it's best to start my own thread where me and those that I invite will explicitely define what the thread topic is and where we can (within the the boundaries of the forum rules naturally) freely discuss the required moral standards for a member who's selling gear to the community.

Edit: as a law abiding member of the community I hit the unsubscribe button now .......

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #575 of 1,964
Talking of SinglePower, I can not find the thread about their incompetent power supply in the ES amplifier... am I being blind or did the thread get raped and strangled to death ?

Sep 15, 2008 at 9:36 AM Post #577 of 1,964
Quote:

If only those who are actually waiting for an amp are allowed to post here you'd have to delete approximately 70% of the posts, but that's not my problem.

According to my count, "those who are actually waiting" includes Elephas, Xenithon, Rob N, Tagosaku, and Seamaster. Is that correct?

Elephas, I'll be in the Western Cape next month (i think) on a job, based in Wellington. Where do you hang out?

Sep 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #579 of 1,964
You are right. I should have caught that. I was reading all the posts and lost my concentration, but now as I look back, I can see that I jumped the gun. Sorry.

Sep 15, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #580 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frihed89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to my count, "those who are actually waiting" includes Elephas, Xenithon, Rob N, Tagosaku, and Seamaster. Is that correct?

I think your count is meaningless, as the MOD stated that there are many who are 'afraid' to post here about their 'wait'.

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #581 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think your count is meaningless, as the MOD stated that there are many who are 'afraid' to post here about their 'wait'.

The point is, we don't know how many people are waiting (and for what reasons). I take the mod's view with just as much skepticism as I take anyone else's. There are ways to keep an identity completely confidential, yet keep people aware of a portion of a backlog. The mod has used none of these methods. Hence I have to believe that the mod may know less than he actually professes.

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #582 of 1,964
Any actual progress, anyone?
I got a mail on 8th saying that he will try to ship the amp in the next few days.
Then on the 11th, he told me that he will update 'tomorrow'. Neither happened but I was not given a shipping date that did not happen, which was good.
Hope others, including who has not posted here, had better luck last week
regular_smile .gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:07 PM Post #583 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The point is, we don't know how many people are waiting (and for what reasons). I take the mod's view with just as much skepticism as I take anyone else's. There are ways to keep an identity completely confidential, yet keep people aware of a portion of a backlog. The mod has used none of these methods. Hence I have to believe that the mod may know less than he actually professes.

Actually it will be more interesting if there is only four people and 5 amps in the list :p

Also, it will be even more interesting to find out how many have received an amp from SP which was ordered after this thread started
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #584 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, I think this count is factually close. What is a MOD?

Sep 15, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #585 of 1,964
Moderator.

You might be right that there is only four people with five amps that were posted here waiting. But if that is the case, Mikhail is sure taking time clearing his backlog, if he really is doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back