Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Sep 15, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #586 of 1,964
I'm guessing that there aren't many people waiting anymore.

Mikhail told me last week over the phone that my ES-1 was already shipped. I've asked for a tracking # and he is still unable to give me one. He says that he uses a shipping service that makes things easier for him.

Well, it may make things easier for him, but if he can't give out a tracking # for a package that has been shipped, several days after it has supposedly gone out, it is definitely inefficiency at best and incompetence at worst.

Just trying to ascertain when exactly my package was shipped and trying to get the tracking # has been an ordeal. After two phone calls and an email exchange, I still don't.

Dealing with Mikhail is like grabbing slippery fish with your bare hands, difficult and disgusting.

Sep 15, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #587 of 1,964
I'm still waiting and getting more frustrated.

I've asked for pics of the amp for weeks now and still nothing
frown.gif

Sep 16, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #591 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't yours one of the amps that is taking more than one year ?

Yes,I'm still not sure how close it is to being finished

Sep 16, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #592 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The point is, we don't know how many people are waiting (and for what reasons). I take the mod's view with just as much skepticism as I take anyone else's. There are ways to keep an identity completely confidential, yet keep people aware of a portion of a backlog. The mod has used none of these methods. Hence I have to believe that the mod may know less than he actually professes.

That's a pretty incredible statement, given the extent of the issues raised in this thread.

The whole reason that Aaron got involved in this thread was because there were some significant issues raised IN PUBLIC by a number of folks. A lot of other folks then contacted Aaron with concerns that they didn't want to make public, for any one of a number of reasons. Aaron took what he thought was the responsible position that the community needed to be aware of the actual scope of the problem, while attempting to honor the wishes of these other folks. This seems a pretty reasonable thing to do to me, especially as the thread seems to have forced some improvement of the situation. His motivation all along was to do the honorable thing, and try to help fix a bad situation.

But for some reason, that's not good enough for you. Your statement seems a bit too snarky, and seems to be implying something. What exactly is it that you're trying to say?

BTW - I know enough about "what the mod knows" to know that the only one who may know less than he professes is you.

Sep 17, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #593 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hence I have to believe that the mod may know less than he actually professes.

I thought that I saw you on "Crossing Over with John Edward" and "Kreskin".

Please use your ESP powers for good and not evil.

19_banner.jpg

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #595 of 1,964
well one thought would be to list the number of amps that are still not delivered and the approx total without listing names or model numbers of amps. This gives the community an idea of the extent of the issue while keeping the individual information private.

Personally I think neither George or Aaron have any ill intentions. When there is information that is out there but the holder of it can't talk about it then it leaves it open to doubt. Again I do not doubt what Aaron is saying but that is because I personally know him, most people do not so the more transparent the community can be with information the better.

Sep 17, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #596 of 1,964
Members who contacted me, did so, right at the beginning of my involvement in this thread. There has been no other further correspondence. The rest of my actions were done as a moderator, not as a person witholding "secret information".

The statements made by members in this thread, more than justify it's existence, and anybody who has experienced bad effects from the actions of any manufaturer should be heard just as much as good experiences.

If anyone reads through this thread, they would realize that anything I have interjected plays only a tiny role towards the bigger picture.

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #598 of 1,964
Any progress anyone?

Yesterday I got 'will ship your amp ASAP' which didn't happen.

'ASAP', 'tomorrow', 'by the end of the week', 'within a reasonable time frame' all seem to have no meaning when used by Mikhail. Very confusing for someone who English is not the main language :p

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #599 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing that there aren't many people waiting anymore.

Mikhail told me last week over the phone that my ES-1 was already shipped. I've asked for a tracking # and he is still unable to give me one. He says that he uses a shipping service that makes things easier for him.

Well, it may make things easier for him, but if he can't give out a tracking # for a package that has been shipped, several days after it has supposedly gone out, it is definitely inefficiency at best and incompetence at worst.

Just trying to ascertain when exactly my package was shipped and trying to get the tracking # has been an ordeal. After two phone calls and an email exchange, I still don't.

Dealing with Mikhail is like grabbing slippery fish with your bare hands, difficult and disgusting.

Did the amp arrive?

After two 'going to ship ASAP' last week, I got an email from Mikhail that the amp was boxed and labeled and waiting for pick up.
What is the next steps from here? Does it go back to 'will take a look at the amp when there is a second'?

Sep 29, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #600 of 1,964
Which is why I paid him nothing in advance... and... would not pay him, but a deposit, once I received the email notice from the shipper that the amp (18 lbs) was in transit... with payment of the balance due upon receipt and testing of the amp.

After 3 "I promise to ship today" promises from him - I canceled my order for a new Extreme, which he reportedly had "in stock ready to ship."

Fortunately... I heeded all the warnings... and am not out any money.

Future potential buyers should take heed also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back