Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Aug 27, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #511 of 1,964
More than 500 posts and not a single word from SP*. I know it's not GM or IBM with a public relation division but it would be nice if Mikhail took a few moments of his time and post something. Is it too much to ask?

Amicalement

* First post date: 06-11-2008, 03:29 PM

Aug 27, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #512 of 1,964
I'd say yes, it's too much to ask. He doesn't stand to gain anything by posting. His response should be to change his practices and fulfill his commitments.

Aug 27, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #513 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More than 500 posts and not a single word from SP*. I know it's not GM or IBM with a public relation division but it would be nice if Mikhail took a few moments of his time and post something. Is it too much to ask?

Most definitely.
What could he say?

"Hello, I'm Mikhail and I'm a notorious liar.
Could someone here please recommend a 12-step-program for characters like me?"

This guy won't join the Anonymous Liars as long as he gets fresh money.
I agree with earwicker that only a boycott would educate the wrongdoer, and I for one will use my influence to make sure he'll get no money from Germany anymore, and maybe I'll even take the time to manipulate Google Germany in a way that it does provide a warning to avoid Singlepower at rank one.Gerrmany represents probably only 2% of his income anyway and that doesn't hurt much, but a few like me that warn everyone they can reach to stay away from this shady company might add up.
Btw, I don't care what fanboys and shills think about it, so don't even bother ..........

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #514 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing is going to change until we start an official boycott. I understand wanting the best money can buy; I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on my system. But I would NEVER throw my money at a company that acts like this; I had a very similar thing happen with another company and I yanked my order FAST. I was told "The wait will be worth it," "he's a good guy" (apparently people haven't figured out that any business man will put on a "good guy" face to someone who sends them tons of money for a non-existent amp), etc. There are still people who put down their deposit over a year ago, when the amp was "ready to ship in November," and not a single amp of the line has been shipped.

Just my $.02, but you seem to have the same expectations for a custom build that you have with an off the shelf model. A custom build is just that .... a custom product that is developed from scratch. Consequently, the pitfalls that lead to delays or redesign are all unkown until they occur. Maybe things all go smootly and timelines are kept but that is more often NOT the case.

Moreover, there are other custom amp builders around besides SP and Headamp and they are not any faster. So please, stop whining.

I saw this ad on audigon the other day ....

Hesitantly I place for sale my one-time reference amp that was custom designed by Jef Larson of Abraxasaudio. I've moved on to a far, far more expensive direct-coupled 45 SET amp that suits my new Altec horn speakers. This is a custom, one-off design by Jef, I waited 2 years to receive the amplifier.

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #515 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mikhail has something like 60 posts on these boards.

He dosnt really get involved in these threads.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moreover, there are other custom amp builders around besides SP and Headamp and they are not any faster. So please, stop whining.

But newbies have not been here long enough to remember how long they take.

Check out Trose49's efforts to get a silver dinosaur built (the fast ones, with good eyesight according to Jurassic park), the time it took jp-numbers to get his custom "ripple flow" amp built, the devil's portable amps.... More people should look at how long it takes other MFR's to do their custom work (and some of it is just ordering a case in a non-standard color!) before complaining.

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #516 of 1,964
Can we please go back to amps not being delivered by dates told by Mikhail and phone calls not returned, emails not replied etc.
I know these are boring compared with the grand discussion you guys are having, but I think this thread is about these 'was supposed to happen' things.

Aug 27, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #517 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we please go back to amps not being delivered by dates told by Mikhail and phone calls not returned, emails not replied etc.
I know these are boring compared with the grand discussion you guys are having, but I think this thread is about these 'was supposed to happen' things.

Hear, hear! Absolutely!
If an amp can take two years to deliver and some well healed fan boy is okay with that, then all is kosher but we are talking about people who were promised product at a given time for a given price and have been repeatedly deceived and disappointed.

The ins and outs of custom amp design or Mikhail's status as an "artiste" are all irrelevant to this thread although they could well be fodder for another.

Aug 27, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #518 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tagosaku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we please go back to amps not being delivered by dates told by Mikhail and phone calls not returned, emails not replied etc. I know these are boring compared with the grand discussion you guys are having, but I think this thread is about these 'was supposed to happen' things.

i agree.

people really seem to be confusing the issue - probably and unfortunately intentionally. the recent rancor surrounding single power has, to my understanding, nothing to do with the length of time it takes to make a custom amp. no one is really disputing that point - i.e., that they will take longer than a standard build. the issue or issues are different. they are that mikhail will give a person an estimated date of completion for a custom build, a date which he must know based on experience is not even close to realistic; that he falsely tells people their amp is completed and will ship very soon when in fact this is not true; and that he does not respond for long periods of time to emails/phone calls. these appear to be some of the main reasons why people (head-fiers) are upset.

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #519 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just my $.02, but you seem to have the same expectations for a custom build that you have with an off the shelf model. A custom build is just that .... a custom product that is developed from scratch. Consequently, the pitfalls that lead to delays or redesign are all unkown until they occur. Maybe things all go smootly and timelines are kept but that is more often NOT the case.

I've had two high performance computers built to my specs, with parts from all over the globe and custom cases. Both were done and shipped within six weeks. I had a guitarist in an old band who had a one-off guitar built for him and it was done within a couple of months. I know people who get crazy customized cars done in the same time period.

All these are because the people involved were honest, hard working, and knew how to run a business. I don't know why audiophiles don't expect the same kind of service, given that they're spending the same kind of money. Maybe that's why everyone looks down on us as gullible money-wads.

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #520 of 1,964
What's really crazy is that if the man is only half as good an amp designer as some folks on here think he is, there's more than enough good will expressed here despite the current bumps in the road to anticipate that most people would still do business with SP if they were just given truthful and reliable delivery dates and not given a mouthful of bollocks.

It seems that at least in this instance the public is treating the esteemed artiste a lot better than he reciprocates.

I hope this all gets resolved soon and the head-fi consumer can continue to enjoy SP's fine wares and services.

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #521 of 1,964
repeating myself :p

mods?

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #522 of 1,964
Stop this stupid post! Mikhail returns my phone calls and emails just fine, about within 24 hours on average. He has troubled with unlegitimate requests from all kind of people want pay 1/2 of the price to get 2X of service.

Aug 27, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #523 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stop this stupid post! Mikhail returns my phone calls and emails just fine, about within 24 hours on average. He has troubled with unlegitimate requests from all kind of people want pay 1/2 of the price to get 2X of service.

Sorry but I am lost. What do you mean by pay 1/2 of the price to get 2x of service. Did Mikhail actually tell you that ?

Also, have you even read this thread including OP's original post?
If what you are saying is true, you should start a new thread. "Mikhail's nightmare with unreasonable customers' or something like that.

Aug 27, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #524 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had two high performance computers built to my specs, with parts from all over the globe and custom cases. Both were done and shipped within six weeks. I had a guitarist in an old band who had a one-off guitar built for him and it was done within a couple of months. I know people who get crazy customized cars done in the same time period.

All these are because the people involved were honest, hard working, and knew how to run a business. I don't know why audiophiles don't expect the same kind of service, given that they're spending the same kind of money. Maybe that's why everyone looks down on us as gullible money-wads.

Gonna order a custom aircraft carrier will expect it to be done in a few months because your "custom" computers and your buddies guitar/cars are done no later then that.

Apples to apples please. No apples to oranges comparisons plzkthx.

Aug 27, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #525 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So you manage to get a couple of calls answered, everyone else must be wrong?
rolleyes.gif

Do you feel nothing for the many people who have paid thousands of dollars and received nothing but empty promises - and sometimes outright lies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back