Where is Singlepower? Where is Mikhail?
Aug 21, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #496 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waiting was never an issue for me, I'm prepared to wait a long time.

I've been dealing with grandenigma1 regarding an AD2000 recable, he can confirm the length of time the transaction is taking.

I placed an deposit for a HeadAmp BHSE sometime late 2007 and I'm still waiting. Sure, it is taking longer than I expected, but I know I can get the deposit back anytime if I wanted to. Justin can confirm that I've never complained to him or bugged him about it.

SinglePower told me my amps were ready to ship in Feb. 2008 and took my money. At least one of the amps, the ES-1, should've been shipped long ago.

It does feel like it has been ages and I am not even the one waiting... There was time that we were worried that you would not have the headphones on time. Me personally I am not good with the whole waiting thing....

Aug 21, 2008 at 3:16 PM Post #497 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last I spoke with Mikhail he said a new site has been in the works for the past 2 years or so but as long as he keeps coming up with new amps and upgrades for old ones it is going to be some time off. I believe he said he has over 50 designs.... Where some builder have only a handful of stock designs and offer no customization it is no wonder they keep their sites up to date and ship within a few weeks time. As you mentioned a phone call provides an opportunity to up-sell a product and gives Mihail the ability to use his years of experience to consult with you and determine what will be the ideal fit for you and your associated gear. Granted it sounds as if Mikhail could do a better job in regards to communicating the current status of a build and filling an order in a more timely manor but I think it is a reasonable enough conclusion that orders from Singlepower are simply going to take longer unless you order a stock unit. Mikhail takes pride in everything he does and fortunately or unfortunately it seems as if it is to a fault in that he typically will not ship an amp until it is done to his liking.

You are correct in referring to Mikhail as a "builder". He is one person building custom amps. There are companies out there that manufacture quality products and offer some customization, but they aren't custom amp builders. I ordered a Woo Audio GES with a slew of upgrades, including having them use my own wire. It took 4 weeks from when I sent them the wire for the amp to be completed. However it's not the time that matters, it's the fact that Jack delivered exactly what he said he would, when he said he would.

Aug 21, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #498 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are correct in referring to Mikhail as a "builder". He is one person building custom amps. There are companies out there that manufacture quality products and offer some customization, but they aren't custom amp builders. I ordered a Woo Audio GES with a slew of upgrades, including having them use my own wire. It took 4 weeks from when I sent them the wire for the amp to be completed. However it's not the time that matters, it's the fact that Jack delivered exactly what he said he would, when he said he would.

I would say that is the biggest take away from this thread. Mikhail needs to give more accurate time frames and if something does come up it needs to be communicated. Other than that he builds fantastic amps that are of great quality and value. Which reminds me... I should pick one up again
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 23, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #499 of 1,964
Off topic threads pruned as per OP and other member's requests.

Perhaps we can turn this back into a thread that perpetuates with it's original purpose.

Aug 26, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #500 of 1,964
SS is acting very irresponsible. The right thing to do would be to stop taking new orders untill there is no more backlog.. Or better yet, only make payment when the amp is ready to ship. It seems like he is stringing along his customers by giving them false shipping dates knowing that he probably won't be able to fullfill the date that was giving. People need to be more concearning with their money.. If potential customers speak with their checkbook he would listen. 11,000 and it's been over a yr. Shameful. add to that poor communication. Sorry for being so forward. But it's how I truly feel. I do like SS as a whole, and in no way do I find them to be corrupt, but poor business practices must be addressed.

Aug 26, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #501 of 1,964
Here is a PM that is typical of the ones that I am receiving. The sender wishes to remain anonymous for fear of reprecussions. I don't blame them. There are a lot of others suffering, out there that are too nice too make waves:

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous
Everything that has happened to singlepower customers happened to me. I am afraid to post now as I am trying to get my money back from (visa). Singlepower misrepresented continually on delivery dates, even so much as to say it was done and being bench tested and would be shipped in 2-3 days. I never received anything. Owed 2000.00 dollars.

Things have not changed fully, yet. I hope that this thread will help those who are suffering both mentally and financially.

Aug 26, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #502 of 1,964
Nothing is going to change until we start an official boycott. I understand wanting the best money can buy; I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on my system. But I would NEVER throw my money at a company that acts like this; I had a very similar thing happen with another company and I yanked my order FAST. I was told "The wait will be worth it," "he's a good guy" (apparently people haven't figured out that any business man will put on a "good guy" face to someone who sends them tons of money for a non-existent amp), etc. There are still people who put down their deposit over a year ago, when the amp was "ready to ship in November," and not a single amp of the line has been shipped.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #503 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by earwicker7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing is going to change until we start an official boycott. I understand wanting the best money can buy; I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on my system. But I would NEVER throw my money at a company that acts like this; I had a very similar thing happen with another company and I yanked my order FAST. I was told "The wait will be worth it," "he's a good guy" (apparently people haven't figured out that any business man will put on a "good guy" face to someone who sends them tons of money for a non-existent amp), etc. There are still people who put down their deposit over a year ago, when the amp was "ready to ship in November," and not a single amp of the line has been shipped.

The amp is not ready if the customer wants it changed.

Isnt it ironic (hypocritical?) that you own a loricraft record washer and SOTA TT when you refuse to do business with companies who have given people the run-around? Both of those companies have quite the history with stuff that disappears when filing for bankruptcy. while mikhail takes forever and a day to deliver he is not a thief.

Aug 26, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #504 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amp is not ready if the customer wants it changed.

Isnt it ironic (hypocritical?) that you own a loricraft record washer and SOTA TT when you refuse to do business with companies who have given people the run-around? Both of those companies have quite the history with stuff that disappears when filing for bankruptcy. while mikhail takes forever and a day to deliver he is not a thief.

I'm not familiar with any theft from those companies, so ordering from them doesn't seem hypocritical. Do you have any evidence of this happening? If they had this reputation (if they do, I've never seen a single post about it) I certainly wouldn't have ordered from them. I did get a bit of the "It will be ready soon" stuff with SOTA, and due to this would hesitate to recommend them (although the turntable is really nice), but we're talking a period of a couple of months, not a couple of years, and I was never told "The turntable is ready and has been shipped" when it hadn't been. I had zero problems with Loricraft and would highly recommend them.

This isn't an issue with one amp; it's a pattern of multiple customers being lied to multiple times. Maybe "thief" is a hard word, but "scammer" is 100% accurate. I can't understand why you fanboys are in such major denial. Your post is seriously grasping for straws.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #506 of 1,964
Quote:

You don't have a dog in this fight, yet you are calling for an "official boycott", whatever that is. Why don't you stop fanning the flames. I think everyone has been warned about SP's business model as it exists presently. Anyone that purchases at this point does so with full knowledge. Doing something that may put Mikhail out of business doesn't help anyone still waiting for their amps.

There are some that might believe your problem with "another company" was exactly that, your problem. You come across as if you have an agenda and it's not altruistic. If you have an order with SP and want to talk about it, go for it. Otherwise, why not mind your own business. Mikhail knows he has a problem. Either he will fix it and come out of this or he won't but nothing you are doing will help.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #507 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't have a dog in this fight, yet you are calling for an "official boycott", whatever that is. Why don't you stop fanning the flames. I think everyone has been warned about SP's business model as it exists presently. Anyone that purchases at this point does so with full knowledge. Doing something that may put Mikhail out of business doesn't help anyone still waiting for their amps.

There are some that might believe your problem with "another company" was exactly that, your problem. You come across as if you have an agenda and it's not altruistic. If you have an order with SP and want to talk about it, go for it. Otherwise, why not mind your own business. Mikhail knows he has a problem. Either he will fix it and come out of this or he won't but nothing you are doing will help.

Amen to that Tyrion.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #508 of 1,964
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Boycotts aren't permanent, they're methods of behavior modification. If SinglePower changed, I'd be the first person in line to buy one of their amps. (EDIT--If he doesn't change, he deserves to be put out of business) But this whole dog and pony show is going to keep going, with people getting jerked around over and over, until everyone stops supporting people like this. I've bought lots of high end stuff and it's only been in the audio field that I've had problems with such poor customer service. It's getting to the point that it's almost endemic, with the companies that actually get their stuff to you on schedule being the exception. If you're fine with this, more power to you, but it's sad seeing the audiophile community being so submissive.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #509 of 1,964
There are lots of companies in the audiophile world that sell products that are built in advance and listed for sale. They generally provide less for more, but they exist. Same as in other fields. You can walk in and buy a house that's built and never been lived in. The same amount of money for a custom house will get you a house more suited to you, and take a lot longer to reach completion. And the price will change while it's being built. Same goes for cars. You can buy a car for $40,000 right off a lot. Or you can have one custom built (rebuilt) for you from the chassis of your choice. You obviously prefer the mass production model, and that's your choice. You had a transaction that took place over a matter of weeks nearly a year ago, you got a timely refund, and you've been slagging him ever since. In inappropriate venues.

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #510 of 1,964
Quote:

Boycotts aren't permanent, they're methods of behavior modification. If SinglePower changed, I'd be the first person in line to buy one of their amps. But this whole dog and pony show is going to keep going, with people getting jerked around over and over, until everyone stops supporting people like this. I've bought lots of high end stuff and it's only been in the audio field that I've had problems with such poor customer service. It's getting to the point that it's almost endemic, with the companies that actually get their stuff to you on schedule being the exception. If you're fine with this, more power to you, but it's sad seeing the audiophile community being so submissive.

Why not leave the behavior modification to those that have an interest in the outcome. Your not the audiophile police so let those involved deal with the situation. You are doing nothing to help the situation and I mean nothing. Some of the alleged poor customer service you claim to have had in the audio field is a product of your own impatience. It's time to leave it alone and move on. I'm not fine with this situation but I am less fine with your budding into this situation. Go cry over your little audio problems and let those that have an interest in this, deal with it without your feeble assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back