Where Do You Listen To Your Headphones?
Nov 20, 2010 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Youngblood

100+ Head-Fier
Please post where you listen to your headphones. Below you can see the way I'm posting mine, you can post em like that or some other way, as long as we can understand it.

Heres mine:

Headphones: Sennheiser HD 555
Source: Sony Walkman
Other Equipment: None
Place: Around the house, in the car when not driving

Headphones: Sony IEMs
Source: Sony Walkman
Other Equipment: None
Place: While waiting for the school bus, during free time at school.

Looking to get more with the summer job, but thats a while off.

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 39
I listen to my HD 595s through my amp whilst sitting in bed. Music sounds best around midnight, with the lights turned off and the sound turned up - I can just about see the little tubes glowing.

I listen to my RE-ZERO through my iPod 'most everywhere else. Generally on the bus to school or on long journeys, as well as for general use when I'm away from home.

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 39
I also listen to my 555s in bed but not often as I don't want to fall asleep with em on, what a night that would be! 
dt880smile.png

Nov 20, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #4 of 39
In my audio/video room.  I have a few gears I like to switch around to find the best combo/match with the cans I am using.  

old picture, but more or less the same.

Nov 20, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 39
Living in a semi-rural area, I take a private bus line for an hour to/from work and look forward to listening to my M50's every day for the trip.  It isn't your standard city bus either, it is a big and quiet coach type bus so the atmosphere is perfect for my cans.  At this time of year, it is normally dark when I get on and dark by the time I get hope so my biggest problem is not falling asleep past my stop.

Nov 20, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #7 of 39
I use my headphones , AKG 240, in my room most of the time to listen to music while on the computer for for watching movies.

And i have my Sennheiser CX300 for my own bus ride to school. I need the isolation. 

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 39
I listen to my main rig in my office. I listen to my 840 with the iPod when doing errands around the house or when I travel out of town. I use the RE0 when I'm shopping or out of the house. When I'm flying I use the RE0 in my ears AND I used the 840, without the cord, on top for extra isolation and it really works. The isolation when on an airplane, to me is extremely important. This is the best solution I've experienced.

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 39
ATH-A700s are my primary headphone when I'm home sitting at my computer. HD 555s and PX 100s are when I'm out on a casual stroll through the neighborhood or on the porch enjoying finer tobacco products. And my super.fi 5 vi's are in my ears from the time I leave my house, through the supermarket, and back home. 

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #11 of 39
Most recently I had been using my Portapros at home since I did a driver transplant (sorta) with some old sony headphones but i got my sr60's wired up again and stretched out the headband (does wonders for comfort!) so the grado's are getting all the loving now. I'm driving them out of my macbook and occasionally a sony receiver. For out of the house i used to use some senn px100's but they went into a long term coma  luckily now i have some re0's although the right driver is starting to fail on me (it seems i have terrible luck with durability of my cans
frown.gif
)

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #12 of 39
i listen to all my headphones at home while relaxing on my couch.

Nov 21, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #13 of 39
used my M50 almost anywhere.
bed, school, car,train, walking around the 'hood while sitting on the couch..

ill buy some earbud or IEM for on the go and shopping mall listening..

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #14 of 39
I use my DT880 within ten feet of my amp because that's how long its cord is. 
wink.gif

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #15 of 39
Cool posts everyone, I forgot to mention that I kinda built my own pair of phones out of a bunch of old crap I had in the closet. They sound not so good but I use them every once in a while if I'm not in the mood to lug around my 555s. Anyone else ever build there own headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back