Where could I do a remold of IEM in Europe
Apr 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Mr-Eddy

New Head-Fier
Hi, I live in France at the time, and was wondering if anybody knew some place that would have the technology to do a remolding for IEM. I've read on this forum that Unique Melody and In Earz (Fisher Hearing Technologies) does it. So I know it can be done, but I don't know if in Europe (or even in France), they were people who does it too. This is to be able to sell my IEM in France or at least in Europe. Even if I will try to sell it worldwide (just to grow up the chance to sell them, since it's quite special to sell IEM), this might help me. Thanks for any help or advice. Eddy

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #4 of 11
You can check out the customs manufacturers (that I know about) here.

I think Minerva does reshells from communicating with Lee, but I didn't see it on their site.  You can contact them here if you want to ask.

UM is known for exceptional shell quality.

Kozee does reshells in both silicone and acrylic, and now offers a silicone reshell with detachable cable.  You can see Kozee reshells here.

I think Spiral Ear also does reshells.

And there are more...

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #5 of 11
Oh great ! Spiral Ear and Kozee sounds both good. I've asked Minerva, waiting for their answer. I've posted a topic to sell my JH13 here, but since I'm in France, I assule I may found someone to buy them more easily in France. Will see.
Thanks a lot for your help :)

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #6 of 11
If you wouldn't mind posting minervas answer about reshells in here that would be great, thanks.

Apr 24, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #8 of 11
So here it is :

"Hi Eddy

Thanks for your enquiry.

We don't offer a reshell service. And from our experience building and developing the Mi-range I don't think I could recommend reshelling by anyone other than the original manufacturer; there is more to making custom IEMs than putting transducers in a shell.

I really doubt you would get the same sound signature as you would with a new set of IEMs.

Let me know if I can give you any more information.

Thanks

Lee Kennedy
Sales & Marketing Co-ordinator
Minerva Hearing Protection"

I'm quit confused, since I've read here that some person already did sale In Ear Monitors, so it has been reshelled by the new owner. And also because Kozee and Spiral Ear offer this service. So I don't know if it's a serious issue or not. Anyway, I've emailed JH Audio, to know if they would do a reshell, and at which cost. I'll let you know as soon as I have an answer :)

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 11
Hmm. I emailed JH to ask them about a few things, and thew in reshelling while I was at it. They said that they did, and quoted it as $150. However, I did put more of a "If my ears change later", so perhaps that's only for the original owner - e.g. the general ear shape will be the same, and only minor tweaks would be needed.

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #11 of 11
Strange answer... you or me have been misunderstood by JH :/
Anyway, I still think that if UM and others can do it right (and from what I've read here, Kozee for example did some great job in reshelling), the original manufacturer could do it perfectly right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back