Where Can I listen/Demo Headphones?
Sep 27, 2011 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

oSpectrum

New Head-Fier
I want to buy a pair of headphones soon, but I want to make sure I get the right pair.  Does anyone know of a store that sells and allows you to "demo" the headphones.  Like, for example, at Best Buy, they have headphones out that you can plug your MP3 player into and listen to them.  I want to demo the:

Sennheiser HD598
Audio-Technica M50

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #5 of 11
There are precious few stores. The one in Los Angeles just closed. There might be one or two in NYC.

Your best bet is to go to a meet. Check the Meet Forum to see if one is near you. You're also welcome to organize a meet.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #6 of 11
May as well just buy the next model down sennhesers and remove the foam bit if you want the sennheisers because all the 598 are is just a different colour and no peice of foam for like £60 more.

Sep 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 11
We need to know the Op's location in order to give a recommendation. I have found some Hifi stores where you can demo headphones. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #9 of 11
Comparing headphones online is better than having no information at all but the ability to compare a few of the best headphones around, making sure the one you finally pick is everything you wanted, is surely the perfect scenario.

Please see this page for more information.

hifiheadphones.co.uk Demo Room
darthsmile.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #10 of 11
to bad you all living in the us or europe, back here in indonesia there's an event in jaben (indonesia region only) that you can buy the Beyer T1 only $500 with no rules what so ever
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #11 of 11
I have had luck in the past with presenting my situation to the employees of guitar center and other such music stores, that "I would love to purchase a pair of these here Hi-Fi cans, but there is no conceivable scenario in which i would lay down that kind of cheddar, without having hands on interactions, and personal experience with the build, not to mention sound quality of said ear-goggles. So, please, may I have some personal time with these here headphones?" My plea is usually met with sympathy, which can, and most times does lead to (supervised) free reign over the opening of boxes and inspecting of the contents while on and off of my head.

Additionally, zeinharis, you present an interesting point, and while i have no idea what event you refer to, at that proposed price point, it would almost not matter if you could listen before you buy, you would simply buy. What event is this, how would I go about attending, do you attend regularly...?  The questions that have been raised by this claim, are limitless. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back