Where are all the old school head-fiers?
Feb 10, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #61 of 109
hey where's member neruda ?
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally Posted by neruda bio
Dha terekete Dha terekete Dha Ti Dha tereketetaka Ta tereketetakatereketaka Ta terekete Dha Ti Kran! Dha Ghe Na Dha terekete Dha? Kite taka taka terekete taka Kran! Dha ghe Na Dha terekete Dha. Kite taka taka terekete taka Kran! Dha Ghe Na Dha ter

[/size]and what about member kelly .. he's disappeared without leaving a trace ..

misteries of head-fi

Feb 10, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #62 of 109
Another that I really miss and enjoy see him posting was Nick Dangerous, where the hell is he??? Not sure if he finally finish the horns he was making or not???

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #63 of 109
Yo... I've been posting lately! Back from the dead.
580smile.gif

Oris horns, tube monoblocks, passive preamp, and the rest of the exotic stuff was sold in January 2005. It was hard to do, man... but I had no space in my new home. I did keep my modded Meridian DAC though. The source really is where the goodness begins.

I just picked up a MG Head OTL, HD580, and a few Sylvania blackplate 5751's to get back into the headphone thing. Nice to be home again.

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #64 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Dangerous
Yo... I've been posting lately! Back from the dead.
580smile.gif

Oris horns, tube monoblocks, passive preamp, and the rest of the exotic stuff was sold in January 2005. It was hard to do, man... but I had no space in my new home. I did keep my modded Meridian DAC though. The source really is where the goodness begins.

I just picked up a MG Head OTL, HD580, and a few Sylvania blackplate 5751's to get back into the headphone thing. Nice to be home again.

Welcome back man, so the old school again, MGHead hmmmm???? That is a goon nice fellow amp, with good tubes, one of my firsts....So any updates on your website, any new toys???

Feb 10, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #65 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
hey where's member neruda ?

and what about member kelly .. he's disappeared without leaving a trace ..

misteries of head-fi

Kelly retired himself....
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #67 of 109
Hi, Guys.

I've finally got a life, well actually a job with fixed hours instead of contract / consultant. The only thing I miss from the old job is the travel all over the USA, but there were many weeks when I didn't have any work at all.

The new job is 10 miles from home and at a high school. Man I hate those teenagers - especially the girls with their high pitched squeaky voices. It's time I got some ear plugs (I still have very sensitive hearing.) (I can't wear headphones since I'm usually walking alongside the boss.)

For the most part I've been gaming & surfing, using my K401s and SR80s. The AKG K1000 hasn't been out of the case in over a year and a half. That's what happens when you move from a 1 bedroom (with storage space) to an efficency with no storage space. Somehow I got 3 computers in there and I should sell off two of them just for the room.

The Miata is doing fine. Time for new rotors, brakes and a clutch.

Still haven't found a woman.

Phoenix has now gone 115 days without rain. But now that the mornings are over 50 degrees F, the top comes down at 7am. That's the only part I hate - starting at 7:30 and working until 4:30. But the benefits are great, the pay is okay. Yeah, it's a government job. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'd better start hiking the mountain trails before they close them all down due to fire restrictions. Yeah, I'm still overweight.

My Internet radio station of choice is www.1club.fm , Studio 54 channel. Yeah, I will never give up Disco. Time to lose some weight so that I can get back into dancing.

So, to all those who wish me well - thank you. I often think of you guys.
Take care, Pinky.

-wal

Feb 10, 2006 at 10:54 PM Post #68 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Dangerous
My website sucks, period. I haven't worked on it in four years. Am planning a revamp, but won't do it until it can be done right.

I feel exactly the same about my website Nick, it's a bloomin' shambles and needs a "major" revamp but it's hard to come up with any content. I think your site is good and I always get comments from people who found your X-CAN valve rolling instructions very helpful indeed so be sure to retain that page when you revamp!

All the best.

Mike.

Feb 10, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #69 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
So, to all those who wish me well - thank you. I often think of you guys.
Take care, Pinky.

-wal

Great to hear from you Wal! Haven't seen you in these parts for quite some time, glad all is good with you and hope you'll have time to come back and inject some old school "class" into the forums
wink.gif

You are missed!

All the best.

Mike.

Feb 10, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #70 of 109
Although I don't post much, I guess I could be considered "old school".
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #74 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Another guy I think about every so often is a guy named Peter from Amsterdam. I think it was Amsterdam. But, his screen name wasn't Peter, and I can't remember what his screen name was. Was it outdoor something?
I sure liked that guy.

Yup, Peter/Outdoor Man used to be nice to chat with - and he was a reliable source of custom smileys.
wink.gif
But if you wonder about him, why don't you just drop Jan Meier an email? I'm sure Jan would know how his brother is doing (in case you do: all the best greetings from me, too!). As far as I remember, Peter dropped out, 'cause he wasn't really that much interested in headphones...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
You're definitely classed as "Hardcore old school" then Manfred, HOS for short.

Thanks for the flowers!
wink.gif
At least, I sure feel hardcore old at the moment - going to be 37 on Monday, which means I'm practically already 40, which is older than I've ever been before.
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Feb 11, 2006 at 8:20 AM Post #75 of 109
So I guess I also qualify as old school in more ways than one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back