Where are all the old school head-fiers?
Feb 13, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #91 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
Semi-Retired but in and out when the mood hits.

Gets a bit old when a question is asked that when answered honestly though the answer not exactly the one wanted it (called i really don't want this answered just reinforce my thoughts) gets to personal attack by "boys calling themselves men" that would not last five minutes on the block.Being a wise a*s is not a thing admired where i come from unless it is freindly banter among freinds.

I learned young you shut up or be ready to duck but the intenet has allowed a "new school" to not just appear but overpopulate.A school of sarcastic folks that by hiding out beind a monitor attached at the wrist to a keyboard never have to step up to the plate and either learn manners or be ready to play defense.They act and speak with impunity and either through just plain being mean spirited,brought up badly or just don't "get it" think they can crap on someone at will and never have to take any responsibility for it or when retaliation comes their way blame the one that responds instead of taking responsibility for initiating that response as a true man would and does.

Maybe just me but where I come from "Old School" is about respect and earning it,sometimes the hard way looking up from the seat of your pants wondering what the hell just happened.The best lessons,the ones that "stick" are those are the ones learned the hard way.Some have had it way too easy is my thought and need a serious wakeup call.

'nuff said by me (ya think ?),you may now proceed
tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Excellent definition of "old school"! It is impossible to appreciate sarcastic wise a*ses who personally attack others. No civility, no credibility!

Feb 13, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #92 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
hey I love to be a damned join up date folk head-fier
evil_smiley.gif

.my wallet doesn't though

Truly finding a young woman who isn't a gold digger and then convincing her that you need to eat noodles toguether to save for high end audio gear acquisitions must be quite the challenge!
580smile.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #93 of 109
Nice to hear from other old school head-fiers.

I wish McDeff and Kelly still post here. I believe both of them registered prior to Hirsch. I'm glad that Vertigo_1 is back and posting again. Vert was the first to discover the R10. He was the first to call them the king of dynamic headphones. I belived Hirsch bought the R10 from Vertigo_1 for less than 1400 dollars. Back then, 1400 dollars for a pair of headphone were super expensive. Also, MReal was the member who introduced the AT-W2002 to us.

Headwize members were definitely a real old school. I believed Headfi was created b/c Headwize was not be able to handle all the traffic. Jude created Headfi after Headwize was down for almost 3 months.

Tina,
How have you been? Do you still collecting portable discman?

Feb 13, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #94 of 109
What's up, Purk, old-schooler. I live in Houston now. it's nice here. Warm winters. So what's your finally portable line-up now? I'm outta touch. I wound up with PX100 and my ipod. Lazy but does the trick. Home system? You done some much switching and testing I'd like to hear your current set ups.

My favorite all-time was Jpalmer. Nice guy. Always fun and short to read. I guess he's still around. I actually saw Scrypt post in the "for sale" the other day. I thought he was gone forever. Markl is eternally good to read and so many other guys. It's a good group here.

Feb 13, 2006 at 6:49 AM Post #95 of 109
Brad,

Howdy? How do you like it there? You got me hooked on those HD-600.
biggrin.gif

If you ever in Atlanta, stop by, and you can listen to all of my gears.

Feb 13, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #96 of 109
Atlanta, huh. Nice place. WARM. Yeah, but I bet my bottom dollar you've got HD650s!
etysmile.gif
Vertigo1 tells me that's what he finally wound up with -- and he REALLY went though the best stuff. I sold my 600s about two years ago because I got tired of a big rig. PX100 good for work. But I know when the right price 650s comes along, I'll pull the trigger on a pair.

Feb 13, 2006 at 10:57 AM Post #97 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
pinkie,
go for it, man! tell her you used to play bass for pink floyd or something. the worst thing that could happen is you do nothing and regret it on your death bed.

Funnily enough, I haven't stopped thinking about my brief encounter over the pool table and I can only conclude that this young girl must have been either A: slightly dumb B: looking for a father figure or C: found me attractive.

She is drop dead gorgeous with a really nice figure whereas I'm falling apart at the seams so can't really see that it's "C" I doubt it's "A" but there's always a possibilty and it could be "B". Whatever, it was a "brief encounter" and I have no plans to go back to this particular venue and act like a teenager to get her attention. There is nothing worse than an older man dressing like a teenager, wearing a long ponytail.... whatever.... these young uns are high maintenance and I think I would prefer someone my own age.

Sure, the young un would be interesting in bed but I'm sure I'd get tired of the teen talk and constant giggling before too long. Also this place is a small village and has more young women than young men so I would be classed as a "pervert" or a "cradle snatcher" I've got enough **** going on with the neighbours as it is without turning up with a scantily dressed 17 year old on my doorstep (not that I care what they think)

Nah, don't think I've got the energy to keep up with this one.... nice idea but, in practice, it would be awkward (especially in this place where everyone knows your every move) plus I don't think her father (who'se actually 10 years younger than me) would relish the idea of his daughter going about with an off the wall reprobate like me.

So, after much cogitating, I've decided to pass on this one and go in search of someone a bit more mature (preferably with the same type of body
tongue.gif
) Must admit though, it was a nice buzz being approached by such a nubile young thing... gave me a nice warm glow all over...... now back to the thread.... where are all the old schoolers?

Feb 13, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #98 of 109
Where's Scrypt. His posts are most memorable!

Feb 13, 2006 at 12:15 PM Post #99 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Altorfer
Truly finding a young woman who isn't a gold digger and then convincing her that you need to eat noodles toguether to save for high end audio gear acquisitions must be quite the challenge!
580smile.gif

eheh

fortunately I've found a woman who quite appreciate headphones
(power of the gifts)
edit : .. let's hope she doesn't like too much my soon to be ordered shure e500 when they'll be around ..I yet know she'll be curious a day about them .. and the bronze metal finish .. and she likes tiny canalphones .. she'll very likely want to try them .. and supposely will find a super sound ...

oh noooo
frown.gif

Feb 13, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #100 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Funnily enough, I haven't stopped thinking about my brief encounter over the pool table and I can only conclude that this young girl must have been either A: slightly dumb B: looking for a father figure or C: found me attractive.

Oh, well. Maybe she just wanted to tease you.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

She is drop dead gorgeous with a really nice figure whereas I'm falling apart at the seams so can't really see that it's "C" I doubt it's "A" but there's always a possibilty and it could be "B". Whatever, it was a "brief encounter" and I have no plans to go back to this particular venue and act like a teenager to get her attention. There is nothing worse than an older man dressing like a teenager, wearing a long ponytail.... whatever.... these young uns are high maintenance and I think I would prefer someone my own age.

Some girls think men are like wine, the older the better, and some are not at all looking for older men who act like teenagers. Maybe they are after father figures, who knows...

Quote:

Sure, the young un would be interesting in bed but I'm sure I'd get tired of the teen talk and constant giggling before too long. Also this place is a small village and has more young women than young men so I would be classed as a "pervert" or a "cradle snatcher" I've got enough **** going on with the neighbours as it is without turning up with a scantily dressed 17 year old on my doorstep (not that I care what they think)

Yeah, it takes a long time to build a good reputation and only a short time to ruin it.

Quote:

Nah, don't think I've got the energy to keep up with this one.... nice idea but, in practice, it would be awkward (especially in this place where everyone knows your every move) plus I don't think her father (who'se actually 10 years younger than me) would relish the idea of his daughter going about with an off the wall reprobate like me.

Yeah. This I have noticed. The older the father the easier it is to date them. I mean the girl could be twenty two, if her father is the same age as you he'll probably get mad at you for attempting to date his daughter. If her father is significantly older than you, say, ten to fifteen years older, then no problemo.

Quote:

So, after much cogitating, I've decided to pass on this one and go in search of someone a bit more mature (preferably with the same type of body
tongue.gif
) Must admit though, it was a nice buzz being approached by such a nubile young thing... gave me a nice warm glow all over...... now back to the thread.... where are all the old schoolers?

Has Louis Tucci been around lately? I'd say he's old school.

Feb 13, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #101 of 109
I must be giving off a heavy scent of testosterone or something, just been up to the fruit shop and was having good banter with the woman there (about 32 / blonde) she asked me if I was married, I said no and asked her "fancy going out sometime?" and she said "for sure" wooohoooo!

Will pop back up for some onions after 2pm when she reopens and make a firm date :)

Feb 13, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #103 of 109
Quote:

I must be giving off a heavy scent of testosterone or something, just been up to the fruit shop and was having good banter with the woman there (about 32 / blonde) she asked me if I was married, I said no and asked her "fancy going out sometime?" and she said "for sure" wooohoooo!

Will pop back up for some onions after 2pm when she reopens and make a firm date :)

Congrats! Being Old School has its rewards!
tongue.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #104 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Hirsch seems to appear like a genie when the magic words are mentioned...
Orpheus, Omega II, Qualia, R10

I thought something was pulling me to this thread
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Feb 14, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #105 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
wow, only 500 some odd posts for being here 5 years.

quality over quantity... that's probably something some of us could learn from
biggrin.gif

As a new schooler (in join date only) but old schooler at heart, I've been enjoying following this thread. It's good to see some posts from familiar names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back