Where are all the old school head-fiers?
Feb 11, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #76 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser
So I guess I also qualify as old school in more ways than one!

Me too
eek.gif

Can't believe its coming up to five years now
eek.gif

Scarey stuff!

Feb 11, 2006 at 6:44 PM Post #77 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Me too
eek.gif

Can't believe its coming up to five years now
eek.gif

Scarey stuff!

You're definitely class "A" genuine old school Duncan!

Feb 11, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #78 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I feel exactly the same about my website Nick, it's a bloomin' shambles and needs a "major" revamp but it's hard to come up with any content. I think your site is good and I always get comments from people who found your X-CAN valve rolling instructions very helpful indeed so be sure to retain that page when you revamp!

All the best.

Mike.

mike,
with your website, all i can say is, i got a fever, and the only cure, is more animated gif's!!

wink.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #79 of 109
Can an old schooler still date young women?
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #80 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Altorfer
Can an old schooler still date young women?
biggrin.gif

It's mandatory
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
mike,
with your website, all i can say is, i got a fever, and the only cure, is more animated gif's!!

wink.gif

I hear what you're saying shifter.... I thought they were good "at the time"
redface.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #81 of 109
>Alex Altorfer: Can an old schooler still date young women?
biggrin.gif

>PinkFloyd: It's mandatory
wink.gif

Been there, tried that - drove me nuts.
evil_smiley.gif
Now dating a 42 year old - I'm calling her "my ... (<- insert extra compliment of choice there) young lady" though, 'cause she looks quite a bit younger. And sometimes she even looks like a little girl for a moment, especially when she's a bit tired - cute!
biggrin.gif
Enjoying her company immensely, 'cause she's so refreshingly grown-up. The extra bonus is that, despite being a local from the wider Hannover/Hildesheim area, she can mostly understand and even seems to enjoy me talking Bavarian - respect!
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Feb 12, 2006 at 12:58 PM Post #82 of 109
Talking about old school and "young girls" I was up at the local pub playing pool with my friend last night (drinking water) and this young girl kept winking and smiling at me, so much so that I started missing easy shots I just couldn't stop looking back at her.

My mate took me to one side (the toilet) between games and informed me that this "girl" was only 17 years old!! (a friend of his daughters) Anyways, long story short, we were playing "winner stays on" and it was her turn to play the winner (me) Pinkie came out in a VERY hot flush when this girl asked me help her line up a shot whilst wiggling her bottom against my erm...... let's not go there!

Talk about old school V new school! I felt like a beached whale, a fish out of water, an "old" man, a "lech" and according to my friend I have a "perverted mind" when I mentioned to him what I was dreaming of doing on the pool table
tongue.gif

It's only when you're faced with situations like this that you realise what a bummer it is getting old.... I was well up for buying her a drink and going further but was, eventually, talked out of it by my friend who reminded me I was old enough to be her father (spoilsport) In actual fact I could theoretically be old enough to be her "grandfather"
eek.gif

Anyways, we left before I had the opportunity to totally embarrass myself and, thinking back, she was probably only teasing me for a laugh..... must admit though, it felt good at the time and given the opportunity I would have probably done something stupid like ask her if she wanted to come and listen to my system
very_evil_smiley.gif

I hate getting old!!
mad.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #84 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Talking about old school and "young girls" I was up at the local pub playing pool with my friend last night (drinking water) and this young girl kept winking and smiling at me, so much so that I started missing easy shots I just couldn't stop looking back at her.

My mate took me to one side (the toilet) between games and informed me that this "girl" was only 17 years old!! (a friend of his daughters) Anyways, long story short, we were playing "winner stays on" and it was her turn to play the winner (me) Pinkie came out in a VERY hot flush when this girl asked me help her line up a shot whilst wiggling her bottom against my erm...... let's not go there!

Talk about old school V new school! I felt like a beached whale, a fish out of water, an "old" man, a "lech" and according to my friend I have a "perverted mind" when I mentioned to him what I was dreaming of doing on the pool table
tongue.gif

It's only when you're faced with situations like this that you realise what a bummer it is getting old.... I was well up for buying her a drink and going further but was, eventually, talked out of it by my friend who reminded me I was old enough to be her father (spoilsport) In actual fact I could theoretically be old enough to be her "grandfather"
eek.gif

Anyways, we left before I had the opportunity to totally embarrass myself and, thinking back, she was probably only teasing me for a laugh..... must admit though, it felt good at the time and given the opportunity I would have probably done something stupid like ask her if she wanted to come and listen to my system
very_evil_smiley.gif

I hate getting old!!
mad.gif

Everyone hates getting old! Anyways, I've read somewhere the age of consent in Great Britain is 16, so if you had done anything it probably wouldn't have been illegal. Everything else is nothing but social prejudice. So what if you're old enough to be her dad!? Are you worried about what people are gonna think? It's YOUR life, not theirs! So what if your friend is jealous of you dating his daughter's friend!? Do you really have to date someone as old as his wife just to make him happy???

Men are fertile well into their 70s, whereas women are not. Men and women are biologically different. Women mature phisiologically far earlier than men, whereas the human male reproductive age extends itself well beyond the female's. Moreover, the only person more confused about life than an adolescent female is a middle aged man.
biggrin.gif

I know this guy who is darn ugly, dead broke, and happily married to a very pretty young lady 31 years his junior. This is true. They both attend my church and in fact I was the best man at their wedding! They both think sooo alike, they were taylor made to be toguether. A match made in heaven!

FYInfo, I am currently dating a 33 year old woman (that's ONLY 6 years younger than me which I consider insignificant), but I have dated women far far younger than this and, depending on how this one turns out, may well do so again.

It is true that, generally speaking, younger women tend to be more emotionally volatile, but I'll never regret having dated them as the benefits are quite delightful. They just have the amazing power to make you feel young all over again. I quote the great comedian Groucho Marx: "a man is only as old as as the woman he feels". Oh how true this is!
580smile.gif

Edit: Anyways, I wonder to what extent this topic could be TIO material. Perhaps it could be too controversial, but I hope it's acceptable for discussion here.

Feb 12, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #85 of 109
Nah, I'd say this all within bounds (unless we're getting REALY puritanical around here).

Anyway, the young girl thing has already started to bother me a bit at the tender age of 24. One of my mates used to live right across from a highschool football field... sometimes I'd be over there while the cheerleaders were doing drills and, honestly, it made me uncomfortable.

Now I know it is all just social prejudice (heck, I'm more or less taken these days anyway so it doesn't matter) but I've already started to feel like a dirty old man! Heck, some days I even feel a little twisted looking at the Freshmen undergrads. I guess that despite all my cultural relativistic pretense, I'm basically a bundle of repression after all. Go Calvinism!

So I guess you can call me: Dirty Nouvo Old School
580smile.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #87 of 109
Quote:

rickcr42

Semi-Retired but in and out when the mood hits.

Gets a bit old when a question is asked that when answered honestly though the answer not exactly the one wanted it (called i really don't want this answered just reinforce my thoughts) gets to personal attack by "boys calling themselves men" that would not last five minutes on the block.Being a wise a*s is not a thing admired where i come from unless it is freindly banter among freinds.

I learned young you shut up or be ready to duck but the intenet has allowed a "new school" to not just appear but overpopulate.A school of sarcastic folks that by hiding out beind a monitor attached at the wrist to a keyboard never have to step up to the plate and either learn manners or be ready to play defense.They act and speak with impunity and either through just plain being mean spirited,brought up badly or just don't "get it" think they can crap on someone at will and never have to take any responsibility for it or when retaliation comes their way blame the one that responds instead of taking responsibility for initiating that response as a true man would and does.

Maybe just me but where I come from "Old School" is about respect and earning it,sometimes the hard way looking up from the seat of your pants wondering what the hell just happened.The best lessons,the ones that "stick" are those are the ones learned the hard way.Some have had it way too easy is my thought and need a serious wakeup call.

'nuff said by me (ya think ?),you may now proceed
tongue.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #88 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42

Maybe just me but where I come from "Old School" is about respect and earning it,sometimes the hard way looking up from the seat of your pants wondering what the hell just happened.The best lessons,the ones that "stick" are those are the ones learned the hard way.Some have had it way too easy is my thought and need a serious wakeup call.

At last! someone who knows what I mean by "old school" not the damned join up date folks, the old school "attitude". Prize goes to you Rickster.

Feb 13, 2006 at 1:44 AM Post #90 of 109
pinkie,
go for it, man! tell her you used to play bass for pink floyd or something. the worst thing that could happen is you do nothing and regret it on your death bed.

rick,
maybe you could start the "school of hard knocks" and teach some of these rude newbies the meaning of maturity. by beating them with a bamboo rod every time they act a jerk on the inet until they "get it".
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back