When you think about it, ibuds are the best value in headphones:
May 28, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #16 of 60
well, this makes me #3 in the thread to say so, but the zune's stock buds are pretty decent sounding and built tough to boot. My son's ibud strain reliefs worked loose on both sides within a couple months of use ... theyre now superglued on.

May 28, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #17 of 60
this is ludiculous

included items as best value?! i see your point though, but i would say it IS NOT the best in value... knowing that they already put in the price for the iBuds

May 28, 2007 at 7:47 AM Post #19 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by kite7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing is free, things use up resources
wink.gif

Exactly!
The iBuds are not free. They come with the iPod, and I am 100% sure that Apple charge a few bucks for them in the total price.

I would gladly take a $10 discount and let Apple keep the iBuds.

May 28, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is ludiculous

included items as best value?! i see your point though, but i would say it IS NOT the best in value... knowing that they already put in the price for the iBuds

Definitely "ludiculous." I think I'm going to start saying that in place of ludicrous or ridiculous.

May 28, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #22 of 60
Money is one thing, but are they worth the time?
If I were really desperate, I'd use the free paper napkins that came with my fastfood to stuff my ears.
Extreme, I think, but more probable than the iBuds.

May 28, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly!
The iBuds are not free. They come with the iPod, and I am 100% sure that Apple charge a few bucks for them in the total price.

I would gladly take a $10 discount and let Apple keep the iBuds.

+1
In fact i hate all the "free" crap stuff (buds,cables etc) that comes with smth i bought b/c i'll never use them but still paid for them in the total price.

May 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have gladly taken a $10 discount on my iPod and let Apple keep the ibuds.

Amen.

I have purchased 4 ipods in the last couple of years, and in each instance the first thing I do when I open the package is throw the iBUDS directly into the trash can. No joke.

May 28, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you pay nothing for something, no matter how good or bad it is, it is an infinitely good value. The nothing that you paid for the ibuds gives you infinite value per dollar.

This only applies if you got them free w/ ipod, btw.

Too silly.

May 28, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #26 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have purchased 4 ipods in the last couple of years, and in each instance the first thing I do when I open the package is throw the iBUDS directly into the trash can. No joke.

Someone I know sold a pair on ebay for 15 pounds.

May 28, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #29 of 60
Of course, you could think about it like:
I want ibuds, and they only come with an ipod, so i will buy the ibuds for $250 and throw away the ipod that the buds come with.
Which would make them the overall worst value in headphones (Or are there worse $250 headphones?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back