When you think about it, ibuds are the best value in headphones:
May 28, 2007 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

ywd

100+ Head-Fier
When you pay nothing for something, no matter how good or bad it is, it is an infinitely good value. The nothing that you paid for the ibuds gives you infinite value per dollar.

This only applies if you got them free w/ ipod, btw.

May 28, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 60
If you're saying that, then the ones that come with the sansa are about 3-5x better than the ibuds.

May 28, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #8 of 60
... not if you measure dollar value in
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
's and
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
's

May 28, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 60
Buds are a revelation -- for people who have never heard any kind of headphone before. I admit that, even factoring in their "value" in the price of the DAP, buds are a good value in a sense ... but I don't think the "one size fits all" approach works. For many people, they're too large, and for me they just don't fit securely. Noise leaks in, music leaks out, my ears get irritated ...

Maybe instead of bundled buds, some players could come with a coupon for a discount off that manufacturer's -- or an affiliated manufacturer's -- earphones or headphones (if the intent is to make a little money off of earphones ... and I realize that some players should come with earphones, for first-time buyers and people who find even the Marshmallow, Sonys and Creatives "pricey"). Otherwise, as BrookR1 said, just charge $10 less.

May 28, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #13 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ywd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you pay nothing for something, no matter how good or bad it is, it is an infinitely good value. The nothing that you paid for the ibuds gives you infinite value per dollar.

This only applies if you got them free w/ ipod, btw.

Ahh, the marketers are winning. Just because something is included in a package that you paid for doesn't make it free. Is the click wheel on an iPod free? How about the headphone jack? Marketers make you think they are doing you a favor by including items that essentially entice people into buying it in the first place.
wink.gif

May 28, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #15 of 60
I think I stopped buying for "value" the minute I started buying headphones. I buy for sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back