When will the upgraded Grados be available?
Feb 8, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #16 of 31
The source I quoted is danish and not swedish. But as I understand it the information is from Grado and not from the danish distributor. I would appreciate if Grado would clarify the situation. Grado isn't a little garage company anymore and can't behave like one. If they make changes they have to announce it and photograph it.

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:51 AM Post #18 of 31
Protip: Always pick up the older model if possible. At Head-Fi, discontinued models/headphones take on a mystical quality due to the magical coating of unobtanium they acquire. Further, expect proclamations to the effect that new models have been cheapened somehow and are sonically inferior to the previous generation.

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Protip: Always pick up the older model if possible. At Head-Fi, discontinued models/headphones take on a mystical quality due to the magical coating of unobtanium they acquire. Further, expect proclamations to the effect that new models have been cheapened somehow and are sonically inferior to the previous generation.

Sadly this is ever so true.

I guess it's not sad if you have a pile of old cans sitting around you want to sell, but that's unlikely for most people.

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, agreed. I still prefer the look of my last-gen 325i "goldies", though.
biggrin.gif

Although, if the sound does change there will still be people who prefer the old sound signature, and that's natural. Prices going way up though, not so natural.

Feb 9, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #22 of 31
I just got off the phone with Grado Labs. Although the nice lady (silly me I neglected to ask her name) did acknowledge changes to the line, she was reluctant to get into specifics other than what was already stated in this post.

Besides the change to the SR335i (metal housing silver color instead of the gold), she said the the headphones would look the same.

The website will be updated "shortly". Whatever that means. She noted the company being busy.

This was hardly an interview. Just a short and informal call.

That's all I have about the updates.

Maybe if anyone else calls they can get more information.

Thanks,

Ross

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado isn't a little garage company anymore and can't behave like one. If they make changes they have to announce it and photograph it.

Appreciate the sentiment, but where's this written in stone?

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #25 of 31
Word is on the street that they gonna be fitting all the new grado's with PS1 drivers, even the SR-60. Furthermore the prices are gonna be the same, except for the GS-1000, which is going to be halved. All current owners of grado's can send them to grado to receive a 1000$ coupon, only spendable @ grado offcourse.

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #26 of 31
Quote:

The source I quoted is danish and not swedish. But as I understand it the information is from Grado and not from the danish distributor. I would appreciate if Grado would clarify the situation. Grado isn't a little garage company anymore and can't behave like one. If they make changes they have to announce it and photograph it.

Well, I guess a garage is smaller than a 3 story brown stone.

And really, it doesn't sound like you've dealt with Grado much before.

Feb 9, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #27 of 31
Quote:

Grado isn't a little garage company anymore and can't behave like one. If they make changes they have to announce it and photograph it.

If you look at the pics of the RS-1/2 on their website, they still have flat pads and the wood buttons even though those were changed for quite a while now (especially the flat to bowl pads). That gives alot of insight into how much they prioritize updating the pics and info on their website.

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #28 of 31
Well, if I have insight or not in Grado or not? Not as much as some of you. But I've had SR-225 and RS-1 and I love them both and Grado as a brand a lot.
What I'm frustrated about is that they are so slow updating their website, pics, press releases etc. If I'm thinking of buying a 300-1000 USD headphone I expect it to be the one I see on their website. Some of you don't care, but I do. Everybody doesn't hang around head-fi 24/7 for that latest news and updates.

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #29 of 31
Anyway, I e-mailed Grado and this is the reply I got..

"Thank you about the new headphones. They are currrent production models.
Watch our Website for a March 1st release of information about ALL the
Grado Products."

Feb 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Anyway, I e-mailed Grado and this is the reply I got..

"Thank you about the new headphones. They are currrent production models.
Watch our Website for a March 1st release of information about ALL the
Grado Products."

Cool. *marks calendar*
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back