When can we have next Calgary Canada Head-fi meet
Feb 6, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #48 of 101
BTW,when could we get the certain time and the location? Maybe Valentine's Day will be fine.(Just beacause I got no gf.)

That is too soon! (plus that day really doesn't work for me, what with the misses and all)

Needs to be at least a month or more from now so that more people can plan on making it...

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #50 of 101
LoL. Just can't wait to meet some hifi fans. I've been here for one year, but not know anyone yet.

There are quite a few here...

I can also recommend paying a visit to some local shops:

In Bowness, James at Absolute Audio Video is a really nice guy to talk with about audio gear. He came to our last meet as well. 6415 Bowness Rd.

Just south of downtown, you have Loyalty Sound at 910 12 Ave SW. They are kind of hit/miss although they have a lot of tube gear from China that is decent. Albert I believe is the owner, and he knows his stuff. He recapped my WA2.

Also nearby is The Audio Room which I also recommend... they're very knowledgeable and friendly. Just on 12th Ave SW at 1347. They have patience and aren't pushy at all... very nice people.

The Audio Spot just north of downtown on 632 16 Ave NW has a lot of vinyl, and also some gear. Nice people as well... they also have a location in Marda Loop which has a lot of records at decent prices. That would be The Inner Sleeve at 3411 20 St SW.

Other spots for vinyl include Hot Wax in Kensington, Sloth Records on 17th Ave, Recordland in Inglewood, Melodiya at the top of the hill on west 17th Ave, and Heritage Posters and Music. My faves are Sloth, Melodiya and Recordland.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #51 of 101

In Bowness, James at Absolute Audio Video is a really nice guy to talk with about audio gear. He came to our last meet as well. 6415 Bowness Rd.

Just south of downtown, you have Loyalty Sound at 910 12 Ave SW. They are kind of hit/miss although they have a lot of tube gear from China that is decent. Albert I believe is the owner, and he knows his stuff. He recapped my WA2.

Also nearby is The Audio Room which I also recommend... they're very knowledgeable and friendly. Just on 12th Ave SW at 1347. They have patience and aren't pushy at all... very nice people.

The Audio Spot just north of downtown on 632 16 Ave NW has a lot of vinyl, and also some gear. Nice people as well... they also have a location in Marda Loop which has a lot of records at decent prices. That would be The Inner Sleeve at 3411 20 St SW.

Other spots for vinyl include Hot Wax in Kensington, Sloth Records on 17th Ave, Recordland in Inglewood, Melodiya at the top of the hill on west 17th Ave, and Heritage Posters and Music. My faves are Sloth, Melodiya and Recordland.

Thanks a lot. Planning visiting in Saturday. Could I bring my own cd to their?

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #52 of 101
I'm sure most places would be happy to audition gear for you from a personal CD. Sometimes it's alsonice to call ahead to let them know you plan on coming in and spending some time with them.

It's also thoughtful to have an idea of what you're looking for and also a price range. Have fun!

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #55 of 101
Same here... I am a student at MRU but i have no clue as to how to book a room like previously at UofC

I got a link for the classroom rental  part of the U of C  will send an email tonight enquiring about a classroom rental here is the email address:

Classroom and Lecture Theatre Rental
classrms@ucalgary.ca

i also found this after sending an email about booking a classroom this is where we had the last event.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/mse/Scurfield we need to confirm dates thou. any thoughts on a good time to have this? 

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #57 of 101
Anyone else have any other date issues?

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #59 of 101
Latecomer to the thread, but would love to join in, too. Am relatively new to Head-Fi and better audio equipment, but can bring any and all of the items in my sig below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back