What's your view on custom headphone cables?
Sep 29, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #796 of 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman458 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I'm sure you screened all of the articles for their applicability to the thread's subject matter?

???

If it helps, my use the word genre, applies to the subject matter at hand; audio cables.

Is there an award for missing the point?  Or maybe a smiley with something flying straight over its head...

Sep 29, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #797 of 881
Is there an award for missing the point?

When a point is off point, then there's no point.

Or maybe a smiley with something flying straight over its head...

Yeah, that must be it as when all you got's is platitudes, then you got's nothing.

L3000.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #798 of 881

Quote:
Properly conducted blind ABX tests are not "fixed".

All that happens in the blind ABX tests is that the triggers for auto-suggestion are removed and so the listener is able to find out if there are perceptible differences between A and B.

that's what i was saying. my post was sarcasm, because it is impossible to fix a double blind test, because neither the person conducting or the person partaking in the test knows which one is which. ding.

Sep 30, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #800 of 881

Quote:
I don't get out of cables what you're writing in your above.

That's because you are so subject to auto-suggestion.

Let us look again at your comment which describes how you feel you are more capable at hearing differences between cables and "many folk".

Quote:

What it's about is one's awareness of what they're listening for and whether these nuances matter to the listener; skill building.  If these differences don't matter, no amount of coaching will aid them, just like any pursuit, it has to have an interest for you.

This is the classic conceit of the "golden ears" and it is why you and they are so easily taken for a ride.

"Golden ears" either believe that they simply have better hearing than others or they have developed "skills" which others do not have (poor things).

In fact the "golden ears" are simply very easily subject to auto-suggestion. That "searching out" for stated differences you have described is absolutely classic auto-suggestion.

If you participate in well conducted blind ABX tests the triggers for auto-suggestion will be removed and so you will not be able to "hear" those changes which have come through auto-suggestion.

You write rejecting blind ABX tests but your reasons are just to daft to bother responding to
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the real reason why you don't like blind ABX tests is that despite your many protests you know very well that you have been taken for a ride by these voodoo cable manufacturers.

Quote:

Just a thought, it's a free choice if one wants to move science forward or keep it living in the past as science is intended to challenge itself, not wallow in old school ideas which are no longer valid or applicable.

It is funny that you write this because in fact the con you have been subjected to is as old as time itself.

The retailer flatters you that only you can hear the differences, the others that can't are either stupid or, as you say, "unskilled". This is enough for you to pay up!

I won't be posting any more comments in this thread. I know of course that beeman458 is very unlikely to admit to his silliness, but I do feel that for any others reading the thread it is obvious.

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #801 of 881
Patrick wrote:

Let us look again at your comment

Obviously you're not maintaining context so unless you're willing to do that, there's no point in continuing.  Please look at what you wrote and tie what I commented on, to the context of your comment.  You're welcome to lock on to your need for auto-suggestion as an excuse but not everybody is unable to deal with their emotions.  It also seems that all you have left are platitudes.  When that's the case, you're out of rational conversation and you've moved into the dictatorial or arrogant phase of; "Do it my way!"

Ain't gonna happen.

Again, FWIW cables represent a very small portion of the listening experience and is not deserving of this much rancor on anybody's part.

I think the real reason why you don't like blind ABX tests is that despite your many protests you know very well that you have been taken for a ride by these voodoo cable manufacturers.

Yes, that must be it, my ego's out of joint and I can't admit it.

It is funny that you write this because in fact the con you have been subjected to is as old as time itself.

The retailer flatters you that only you can hear the differences, the others that can't are either stupid or, as you say, "unskilled". This is enough for you to pay up!

Again, your inexperience is showing through as from your above, you haven't a clue to reality and the buying experience.  You should try going into a store and see what's said.  You'll be surprised (my personal experience) when you find out, nobody says anything above the cables being well constructed.

I won't be posting any more comments in this thread. I know of course that beeman458 is very unlikely to admit to his silliness, but I do feel that for any others reading the thread it is obvious.

Yes, more platitudes.  Ya gotta love it.
beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #802 of 881
Trollin' at its best.

Nov 2, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #804 of 881
Nov 2, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #806 of 881
It was obvious he wasn't gonna last for long... He had a great master at trolling.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #808 of 881
Beeman put me on his ignore list after I replied to one of his rants in the style that he uses. he liked to dish out it, but boy could he not take it. 

Nov 3, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #809 of 881
Lets not talk about banned "members". 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back