What's your preferred headphone for Michael Jackson?
Mar 25, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #48 of 53
Funnily enough I was listening to Thriller yesterday on my k340s and it sounded awesome. They really knew how to produce a record back then. Seems to be a dying art, alas.

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #49 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funnily enough I was listening to Thriller yesterday on my k340s and it sounded awesome. They really knew how to produce a record back then. Seems to be a dying art, alas.

No matter what you think of MJ, you gotta have some respect for Thriller!

Mar 25, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #50 of 53
I wonder if CD3000s or R10s would get him back on the right track....

I generally use speakers, but MJ sounds good with my UE10's, E500s, SE420s, E5s, and Super.Fi 5 Pros. Oh yeah and the HD 280 Pros sounded good too. Basically no overly bright headphones or earphones.

Speaking of Michael, I finally picked up Off the Wall. Now I need to go find an original release, the Bennie Grundman mastered special edition is seriously bright!

Mar 25, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #51 of 53
Perhaps no surprise here, but I definitely think the D7000s are a superb choice for Michael Jackson. I would pay close attention to the lower end when selecting headphones for this kind of pop r&b. The Denons are spot-on for this stuff with good speed and a deep, lush, full sound and smooth overall signature that simply adds to the fun. Generally, I think they are one of the two best headphones for disco & 80’s pop I have heard. The L3000s aren’t too shabby either.

There is a lot to turn a person off, but it would be hard to deny he has a phenomenal voice and has put out some seriously cool pop songs. I think he was at his best with Quincy Jones at the helm, but some of his later albums have tracks that I would put as on-par with his earlier work. HIStory, in particular, has some brilliant sounding tracks.

CNN.com put up an article with a quote that had me chuckling for a while:
Quote:

In case anyone had forgotten, the electronic billboards and scrolling tickers inside London’s O2 Arena as Michael Jackson announced his musical comeback offered a constant reminder of the reclusive superstar’s iconic stature in the transient world of show business. “Michael Jackson — King of Pop” they declared. But these days Jackson is more the Kim Jong Il of pop. Both…

Ma ma se, ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa!
L3000.gif

Mar 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #52 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when I had the k701s, I had to use it with my integrated amp with the bass control boosted by 4 db to get some decent sound out of them. My ad700s although it doesnt have more bass than the k701s sound fine with no bass boost

That statement is self-contradictory. (You had to use bass boost with K701s. You do not have to use bass boost with AD700s. Therefore, AD700s do have more bass!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back