What's your preferred headphone for Michael Jackson?
Mar 24, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #31 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really? I found bright hp's (**** I've never heard DT-990s ****) like Grado's to be obnoxious with most MJ music, whereas darker stuff that brings the midbass and bass out really complemented it (and my AKG's and Koss' sit happily in the middle, probably not "absolute best", but "best overall" in my book)

Yeah, grados aren't ideal for michael.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #33 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, grados aren't ideal for michael.

yeah, I already learned that the hard way
frown.gif

was just thinking since the DT-990 is described as being a bright hp as well, its interesting to hear that quality described as the primary reason for it being "good with MJ's music"

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #34 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K701's are "spot on" for imaging, presentation, balance, etc and this works out well with MJ

ESP/10's are quite stellar as well (a bit more forward, without extra brightness)

ultimately both of them work out well (and I'd have to say this about any genre I've tried to compare between the two...which means I can't get rid of either of them)

Oh come on! Bass is very important on MJ songs, and that completely rules out K701s!
(Personally, while I might play MJ on speakers just to dance to, I would never listen to his stuff on headphones.)

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #36 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeonWho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the one that includes children. preferably under 13 years old. and definitely only boys. eww, girls.

sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

anywho, audio-technica's should work.

Being an American he should have become a lawyer,then he could have screwed everyone.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #38 of 53
31Z4HaW00CL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Mar 24, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #43 of 53
Probably the Stax SR-007BL.
The K1000 do a really nice job as well, but not quite there...

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #44 of 53
when I had the k701s, I had to use it with my integrated amp with the bass control boosted by 4 db to get some decent sound out of them. My ad700s although it doesnt have more bass than the k701s sound fine with no bass boost

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #45 of 53
Micheal isn't my favourite, but his music is a ton better than the pop now'a'days. No matter how bad the lyrics are, how can you hate "Beat It"?

I'm thinking denons or some beyers, maybe even hd650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back