What's your most expensive piece of Audio equipment (headphones or speaker)?
Jan 10, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #47 of 92
Probably my Tascam CD450, with the balanced out option it set me back just under a grand around 1999/2000

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #49 of 92
^ What??? Maybe you need to have your brains checked. 

Most expensive audio gear is my headphones. Cost: 1400$

Jan 15, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #51 of 92
Not Bragging, Just Proud ( worked hard and it's been a pleasure with all the other tables "Cheap to Big Buck") that have led me to MY REF.I'd say, It just might be my $$$ for my Record Collection?? But My  

Pride and Joy, My Clearaudio Ref. table, Graham 2.2 arm, Helicon,and Clearaudio Signature carts. Extra Graham ceramic arm wand. Hovland Music Groove phono cable. Clearaudio Power reg./speed control. Shun-mook disc. Sota clamp, VPI 16.5 RC.............I don't even use the Souther linear trac arm, buyers????....Anyway Total Price,Let's just say it was more than my new Dakota decked out pick-up truck.......... But I Love IT....... IMO,I don't believe in buying any audio Equip or Vehicles at (my age) unless I can buy it with cash..... This makes my toys easier to enjoy .....They're Mine....Now Let's see if I can add a decent photo (sorry for dust)  One Last word..I could  live and be satisfied with a Well  designed Table/arm/cart. and phono cable that was system matching for less bucks, But It's my pride and joy.......Like some dudes cool speed boat or Harley.....

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #52 of 92
Used to have two of these bad boys for my car: 1) 150X2 to drive the subs 2) 150X4 to drive the comps.. Was in sonic heaven until I had to part with it...

My parents just bought a set of Salk Veracity HT3s like these but in a custom African Babinga

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #53 of 92
Well, my most expensive purchase was my speakers, Infinity Renaissance 90s, which retailed for around $4000:

Alas, mine are finished in black instead of natural oak or the incredible piano gloss black.  But they sound the same, and I paid just $600 for the pair.

As for the most expensive loudspeakers, this is a fairly comprehensive list of them:
http://www.higherfi.com/spkrlist/speakerlist.htm

Oddly, the Genesis 1.1/1.2 isn't on there.  Funny, considering its ancestors, the Infinity IRS and Servo-Statik 1, are two of the most influential and best sounding speakers ever made.  Anyway, I have my doubts on there (as an Infinity fan) that any of the speakers on that list sound better than the Genesis 1.2.  Of course, everyone has their own tastes..

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #54 of 92
On the ridiculously expensive speaker front...found this accidentally while trying to find the Moon Audio associated with headphones (www.moon-audio.com):

http://www.moonaudio.com/titan_spkr.htm

Grand total of three pairs being made, all priced differently.  Cheapest is $500,000 / pair, most expensive was $2,000,000 / pair.  They claim the $2,000,000 ones were actually sold...

Overall weight of 2800 lbs / pair.

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #56 of 92
on a serious note...probably my AV-Receiver. 

Onkyo TX-NR807.   Cost me almost $1000 when I got it new a few years back...
THX-Certified
135 watts per channel X 7
Powers my headphones pretty damn good too.  :)

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #57 of 92
Be careful what you buy!

My most expensive gear (currently) is a pair of NHT Super Zeroes, which reside in my closet.  Cost was $250, and that was used and before I wised up.  The Mission 70's I actually listen to and enjoy were $20 at a garage sale.

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #59 of 92
Probably a tie between my Woo WA22 headphone amp and my refurbished Epson 1080p DLP, pretty modest by Head-fi standards really.

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #60 of 92
More like more reasonable than head-fi standards :wink:

Quote:
Probably a tie between my Woo WA22 headphone amp and my refurbished Epson 1080p DLP, pretty modest by Head-fi standards really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back