What's your foobar2000 setup?
Oct 9, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #136 of 527
Modified my layout to be much more compact.

That's what I love about my setup. I have three monitors, of which one I can dedicate to foobar2000 alone. No compactness needed :D

Very nice setup otherwise. What do you use for lyrics?
I use lyricsgrabber to put lyrics into the tags and then I read them with a text display panel (don't know which one, since there are so many)

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #137 of 527
Simple and lightweight. It's similar on my laptop and 1024x600 monitor, I just play with the size of the fields to make everything fit without horizontal scrolling.  

Oct 9, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #139 of 527
I just use textdisplay with %lyrics%, then just embed it in the tags by hand.  Mainly because I don't use it often, probably less then 5% of my library has lyrics but I like having the option to read them easily for certain albums.

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #143 of 527

Quote:
I've just started using foobar2000 and am trying to rip my CD's to FLAC but when i load my cd on no track name or artist name appears. How do i get this information?

I'd recommend using EAC since it will verify that data it's reading off the cd is correct.  Have a couple CDs where it's choked, I clean the disk, run it again and it goes through.  Takes a while for it to detect all the proper settings for the drive and getting settings right takes a while but the extra time is worth it to me.  Now the whole process takes about 10 minutes for it to read cd, pull info from freecddb or whatever it's called, choose album art, and the extraction and conversion to flac.  Only change I do in foobar is do replaygain since it's not built into EAC yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back