What's your foobar2000 setup?
Jan 4, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #422 of 527
There's a learning curve with foobar but it's worth putting the work in.

No doubt but I'm at the point where WSH panel mod scripts would be my next step and since scripts are not my forte to say the least I'm at all stop.  What I wanted was a toolbar similar to that in Darkone v4.  Here's my current layout:

Jan 4, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #423 of 527
No doubt but I'm at the point where WSH panel mod scripts would be my next step and since scripts are not my forte to say the least I'm at all stop.  What I wanted was a toolbar similar to that in Darkone v4.  Here's my current layout:

Scripts beyond me to.
Was using ColumnsUI for everything then gave in and installed the very good dark one v4 theme.

Jan 4, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #424 of 527
Scripts beyond me to.
Was using ColumnsUI for everything then gave in and installed the very good dark one v4 theme.

I do like a lot of what he has in DarkOne v4 but not all.  Not sure how configurable it is allowing users to delete items they don't want (e.g. lyrics, ratings, etc.) and add others.  Anyhow what I have for now works quite well :)

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #425 of 527
I know this will not be for everyone, but I just figured that I would share my Foobar2000 setup. I use a skin called "Fusion Beta" by NadirP on DeviantArt. This skin requires the "WSH Panel mod" and "UI Hacks mod" by NadirP as well. Honestly, ever since I have started using this skin / mod I have not found anything better. It has a ton of customization options and makes Foobar2000 not feel like clunky Foobar2000 anymore!

Requirements:

1.) Fusion Beta Skin
2.) WSH Panel Mod
3.) UI Hacks Mod

Sources:

1.) Reddit Post
2.) Imgur Album

My Setup:

It really is a shame that the author has halted work on this skin, I really would like to see it get taken over / updated by someone at some point. I'm not sure how much longer the required files for it will be hosted on the internet, so I made sure to save hard copies of each for myself if I ever need a re-install for Foobar2000 some reason. Regardless, I hope you all enjoy it!

Note: As far as I know even though this skin / mod hasn't been updated in some time it continues to work quite well with all the latest versions (and betas) of Foobar2000.

- InsanityOne 
k701smile.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #426 of 527
have to say it does look good.
looking at this topic I realize I must be the odd ball here, I either go with shuffle when I don't yet know what I want to listen to, or I CTRL+F whatever I have in mind. so a good way to browse or nice cover showing up, I never had a use for those and it only drives me crazy on some of my DAPs ^_^.

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #428 of 527
  If I want this one: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fusion-v2-4-1-1-Discontinued-Project-464482526

How do I install it? New to foobar2000.

I think you have to instal these 2 components. They are shown on the page. 

WSH Panel Mod v1.5.10
UI Hacks v2013-02-19

There are some nice skins on that page. I think i gona make some changes too. Never really thought about it before. 
cool.gif

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #430 of 527
Respected Forum Members & Experts,

I'm new to Tweaking Foobar2000 - after seeing first two page I found there is DarkOne Theme which attract me and I immediately download that file as it comes with .bck extension - I tried everything as suggested by Google with numerous guides - but I can't able to import or use the theme.

My Foobar version is 1.2.3 and I try to import the skin by using File > Preference > Default User Interface > Import Theme .

.bck not recognize so some guide suggested that to rename .exe - but it also not recognize too and hence I rename it .fth and that not also work. 

What is the actual correct procedure ? 

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #433 of 527
I am still here folks, and have been meaning to say thankyou for ages. I was sking about Foobar and saying I can't work out how to get it the way I want. Although I never did get round to making it work, I am still grateful for folk trying to help me.

In the mean time I have been trying JRiver trial and truly like having music operating in bitperfect on my PC. I think I will have to buy JRiver. Foobar just loses me. Bye then.

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #434 of 527
Can anyone recommend me a nice, simple clean-looking skin for a 4K monitor? I had been using a metro skin for quite a long time with my previous monitor, but the skin does not seem to be working well with a 4K monitor.

My previous skin looks a bit like this, kinda looking for something similar

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #435 of 527

PIPO X8, with touch screen, running Windows 10, is a perfect match for foobar2000. I setup foobar2000 to upsample everything to DSD128, then outputs to Teac UD-301 through ASIO: FLAC->Sox resampler(352800Hz)->foo_dsd_asio(SDM D,FP64,DSD128)->TEAC ASIO driver->TEAC UD-301.
Lossless music files are hosted on NAS, which can be accessed by X8 through Wifi.

I am considering a Pipo, not yet decided if X8 or X9 (seems these kind of things are unique of Pipo), for the same kind of audio setup with Foobar. What kind of skin interface could you suggest that works well with a touch device like that? At present time i am using on a 7 tablet a old Foonate skin which is ok for mouse/keyboard use but rather imprecise on touch use and can mess out the browsing of the flac stored in the NAS. Also, x8 has a 7" screen, while x9 has a 9" screen: in your experience using the X8 did you felt sometimes the usefulness of a bigger screen for operating foobar?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back