What's YOUR Beef With PA2V2?
Dec 27, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #61 of 80
1. Power switch - shorter.
2. DC input - on the back.
3. Front panel - no clear.
4. Light -green color (red only when charged- green again when fully charged )
5.Li-ion Battery (crv3-type or AA or even AAA compatible )
6.Marks on Line in & HP out (not new suggestion)
7.Removeble Bely clip .
8. Rubber dots on the buttom .
9. Hiding volume knob with back light . (can be expencive)
10.Loops for over the neck cord.
11.Mute knob
12. Auto on & off when connecting headphones.

13 sorry for mistakes in spellig ....

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #62 of 80
7.Removeble Bely clip .
11.Mute knob

P.S.
smily_headphones1.gif
sorry for mistakes in spellig ....

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #64 of 80
Too bassy.

Dec 27, 2006 at 10:22 AM Post #65 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking solely from the pics, how about a non-plastic casing? Plastic is too susceptible to breaking.

No way your braking its case! ABS is far better than aluminum.

You should try things out before you judge them.

Dec 29, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #66 of 80
PA2V2 is a great lil amp. What more can one ask for in an amp that can be had for 40-50$ used with a lifetime repair warantee. It's been a gateway to portable amps for me and to so many others.

Sounds great paired with bright sounding cans.
It's the KSC75 of portable amplifiers and happens to sound amazing connected to a KSC75.

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #67 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
7.Removeble Bely clip .
11.Mute knob

P.S.
smily_headphones1.gif
sorry for mistakes in spellig ....

No one will sell that kind of amp for less than 90 bucks. I know i wouldn't.

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #68 of 80
I use the PA2V2 at work. I work in a machine shop. Twelve hour days mostly.
It's used in conjunction with the UE Super Fi 3. A Sangean Tuner as the source.
At low to moderate volumes it's fine. It maintains it's balance at these volumes. It's small. Durable, I've bounced it off the concrete before. I love the rechargable feature.
In audiophile terms. It does lack detail. It has an up front character. And has a edginess above a moderate volume level.
That being said. In my noisey enviornment. It's fine for what it does. Providing a little escape for a busy workday.

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #69 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by insidiousness /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No way your braking its case! ABS is far better than aluminum.

You should try things out before you judge them.

True. If it's aluminum then it would just break everything inside on the impact.

And YES, I'm bumping with a quote 3 years later hahahahaha.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #70 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger.McMurphy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am new to this thing, so I cannot compare it to any other amp. After hearing from this little black box, I don't even want to hear from any other amp.

Now I gotta quote my own self from 3 years ago...

After 3 years of usage, I have only 2 problems with it:

I gotta use a volume attenuator (cheap radio shack volume control) in the line in to overcome the low volume channel imbalance. That is only a problem if you amp a strong line out (that isn't adjustable).

There is an audible hiss, at any volume, with phones with an impedance lower than 50 ohms. Therefore, it seems that a majority off the headphones of the market, especially the cheap ones, will produce at least a slight hiss (ex: K26P 32 ohms), or a big one (ex: Marshmallow, cx300 (16 ohms?)). So again, that is not a problem with ksc75 (60) or HD555 (50), but it is with most in-ear phones (low resistance and proximity of the ear = unbearable hissing).

But, with that said, I've been very satisfied with it.

It's warm and dynamic, at the very slight cost of a small loss of detail, especially in the midrange.

If you are looking for your first amp, have a pair of phones that isn't very sensitive, and want to feel some bass impact, it's a good investment.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #71 of 80
It's sounds terrible. Even for what, 60 bucks, I think it's pretty junky. It was the first amp I ever bought and I can't believe I listened to it for as long as I did. Cheap amps should be bypassed....wait and save a little for a something better.

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #72 of 80
Does anyone know if pa2v3 is gonna happen any time soon?

I've been eyeing this for a long while and really want it to use with my sony mdrxb700's (closed "extra bass" cans w/ impedance of 24 ohms) + ipod 5.5gen. A more expensive amp is totally out of the question for me since 60 is pushing my budget as it is. But the 700s are pretty bass heavy.. not great highs.. and I was hoping the amp would bring out the highs for me.

Everything I read about the pa2v2 before this thread made it sound like a $200 amp magically priced at $60 .. but now I'm starting to have second thoughts. Have some of the issues such as crackly volume knob and imbalance been sorted out since the last posts in 2006? Are there any comparable options in this price range?

This one looks pretty slick... has anyone tried it? Disney by Washburn - Hannah Montana Pocket Amplifier from $22.10 - Gigaweb.com

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #73 of 80
Well, the PA2V2 is known for having rolled off highs and is a bit bass heavy paired with some headphones, I can imagine that would only make your XB700's even worse to your ears.

I've had mine for 3 years now, Gary even cross-shipped with me to get it to me before I left on vacation, just amazing service, would love to buy another amp from him when one comes up.

But yeah, you might be better fit with different headphones or just EQ'ing your ipod, I know it's a little frowned upon here, but a low impedance headphone like yours won't have any trouble out of an iPod, mine didn't particularly either, but the PA2V2 helped my bass a bit while not changing the house AT sound that I liked already.

So yeah, just try EQ'ing with the presets a bit.

Jun 29, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #74 of 80
One suggestion for something to keep in a PA2V3 would be the separate L/R gain control.

With my PA2v2, this is a HUGE bonus for me, as I need to boost the right channel a bit to balance out the soundstage.

It's the main reason I stick with PA2V2 for portable use, as there isn't any other amp that offers the same feature, that I'm aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back