What's your "Audio Fingerprint"
May 11, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #46 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my bones just rattled in my body when you said that ahaha.

That's what I'm talking about. I think I need to get on Jason to start development. I'll wait until after we have our wireless adapters. I don't want them distracted.

May 11, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #47 of 80
++treble is a lot more subtle than +bass. Give it a try!
wink.gif

I'd like to see if Sleek can be the first IEM company to release a triple driver product without a big delay.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

May 11, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #48 of 80
I'll like to see Sleek Audio includes my modded Bass≥ port into their package
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 2:11 AM Post #54 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlavioWolff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys, what ports do you receive when you purchase the SA6?

Bass= and Treble= should have been inserted into the earpieces before you open the package. Bass-, Bass+, Treble-, and Treble+ should all been inserted in the foam under the foam the holds the earpieces. An extra set of Treble++ (in black) should be in a small bag.

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #55 of 80
Based on reading people's reactions, I thought I was going to wind up a Bass= / Treble+ guy, but after playing around with the different options it was clear what my ear preferred:

Source is either a 5G iPod or 2G iPod nano which may or may not be amped with an iBasso P1 (but usually not, these sound great even out of the headphone jack), the signature is Bass+ / Treble+.

Jul 11, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #56 of 80
My audio fingerprint?

treble= and bass++
wink.gif
Now I just need that last one to become a reality...
tongue.gif

For the time being (with what's available), I suppose I could say it's treble= and bass+.1 -- thanks to the pin-in-the-bass-port trick.

Oh yeah, the other stuff: I'm usually running my SA6s unamped out of a Rockboxed Sansa e280 or a TrekStor Vibez, with flat EQ. I wear them hanging down and (typically) clipped to either my shirt or the strap of my messenger bag. They're my favorite public transit headphones to date.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #58 of 80
Let's see here

Cowon D2
Cable over the ear
Medium eartip
Bass +
Treble ++
BBE on 2
Mach 3 Bass on 2
MPE Enhance On
Middle channels on broadband
Roc EQ
EQ Preset P05

You wanted to know all of it, there it is. Love that sound. Deep clear head shaking bass with nice clear crisp highs with the mids not lost either. I can't wait to hear how it sounds with some Shure Black 'Olives'.

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #60 of 80
Cowon D2 > iBassi D2 - Viper > SA6
I listen mostly to metal and rock music

Cowon settings:
EQ: 1 1 0 0 0
BBE: 2
M3B: 0
3DS: 0
SE: 2
Volume: 35
FLAC, Ogg Vorbis 256k, 192k+ mp3

iBasso D2 - Viper w/rolled opamps:
THS4032 & LM6172

SA6 setup:
Bass +
Treble +
Hanging down from ear
Shure black olive foamies

I really love this setup, so much so that I haven't even been using the computer to USB DAC on my iBasso D2 lately.

When I started with Head-Fi, I bought myself my HD595s and plugged 'em into the headphone out on my computer speakers (Creative T20). I was amazed. Now if I try to do that, I shudder. Eeew. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, I was listening to my ER-6i straight out of the HP out on my Cowon D2, thinking I had some truly awesome sound. Then came the SA6...

Now, my ER-6i sound so weak. I mean they still sound great, but they have very little bass. Previously this is what I thought I needed to do to get tight, controlled bass that doesn't smear itself all over the music. I was clearly wrong! Thanks JasonK and Sleek for these truly awesome IEMs, and helping me rediscover my music!

BTW - I am curious to see what doing a pinhole/staple mod to the Bass + and = will sound like, but first I need to buy myself a spare set of bass plugs just in case!
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back