What's your "Audio Fingerprint"
Mar 24, 2008 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

JasonK

Member of the Trade: Sleek Audio
Head-fiers are a unique bunch. Everyone has a different rig, idea of sound, and personal preference of the perfect headphone or earphone.

When we designed the SA6 we knew everyone would want something different and that spawned the VQ System. Now you can adjust the sound characteristics according to your setup and personal wants/needs.

We want to know what your "Audio Fingerprint" is. By that we mean your Rig or MP3 player, your favorite EQ settings, type of music and most importantly how is your SA6 setup. Are you a = bass and ++ treble with a large tip and love the highs? Or do you like to have smooth non-fatiguing sound and use a + bass = treble setup? Do you wear the cable up or down?

Be proud tell us why you like your setup.

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 80
What's the formula for Grado-like sound? +Bass ++Treble
HD650 ++Bass =Treble?
How about AKG K701?

Have you developed any such comparisons or setup guides?

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 80
Computer/iPod --> HeadAmp Pico

Bass +
Treble =

Wire down when stationary, wire up when moving around.

Apr 3, 2008 at 6:47 AM Post #8 of 80
Bass+ and Treble + with my Samsung YP-P2

Apr 7, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #10 of 80
Shuffle 1st and 2nd Gen Bass + Treble +

ipod Classic with C&C Xo (in SF on) Bass + Treble =

ipod Classic with Voyager Contour On Bass = Treble =

You did ask!
Cables down in bed, over ear at all other times.

Please note that I cannot use SA6's under my crash Helmets. Shure e4c's will stay for that use.

Sweet sounds though.
biggrin.gif

PS, I don't have the Treble ++ (black I remember someone saying) but feel the + to be enough for my ears.

Apr 10, 2008 at 8:21 PM Post #13 of 80
Also can't wait to hear them at the Jam. BTW I laughed when this thread title was originally "What's Your Audio Footprint", which made me think of carbon footprints, which made me think Sleek was about some kind of green audio technology, which made me laugh. Someone does need to get on that and sell highly regulated wind power stations for your home audio.

Apr 13, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #14 of 80
On pretty much all my setups...im a treble-mids guy. As sometimes (very rarely) i will increase the bass to achieve a certain effect.

I would say maybe 2-3 up adjustments in treble, 1-2 up adjustments on mids and 0-1 on lows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back