Sep 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #61 of 80
Just got my SA6's today. Very nice!

I run mine through a Cowon D2 -> Xin Supermini-III

I think I will settle with:

Treble: +
Bass: + (with hole cleared with a pin)

All player settings on flat
Xin bassboost (7db) enabled.

Sounds very good to my ears listening to Rock and Metal.

I dunno that my Atrio M5's can survive this newcomer!

Paul

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #62 of 80
I got my SA6s!!! Woo!!!

But my sound fingerprint is really weird and took a long time to find but I like it thus far. I have an iAudio X5 80GB, and I modded it with Rockbox. I swapped the bass and treble around over the last few days, and finally settled on the + bass (with the staple mod), and a + Treble, but I also set Treble to +5 db on Rockbox. I would use the ++ Treble, but it gives it this really airy sound which isn't very nice. But it sounds beautiful now!

Sep 22, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #63 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Obstinate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...and finally settled on the + bass (with the staple mod), and a + Treble, but I also set Treble to +5 db on Rockbox. I would use the ++ Treble, but it gives it this really airy sound which isn't very nice. But it sounds beautiful now!

You bring forward a very interesting point about the SA6.

When I got my Triple.Fi, the SA6 sounded a lot darker. To have a brighter sound, I have to use the Treble Booster EQ on my iPod to bring the mid/high frequencies up. However, as I was using the ++ Treble Tips, the sound found itself slightly too much on the very high end part of the spectrum. No problem. Switched to the + Treble tip. Voilà, problem solved.

Because of this, I might eventually be ready to get rid of the Triple.Fis. The fit and comfort on the SA6 is second to none (compared to those IEMs I tried, and they DO stay in my ears!), the bass is really great and deep, especially with the bass + mod, and all I needed to bring the sound forward a bit is a touch of EQ and a tip change.

Something that I couldn't have been able to do with any other IEMs!

So huh... wireless coming soon?
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #65 of 80
just to clarify an earlier conversation in this topic. The sleek are similar to q-jays in that the filters need to be replaced often? I had though that the filters on these were mostly for "shaping" sound...

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #66 of 80
using ipod touch 2 no EQ. currently using new bass + port and treble + port. wearing down. might experiment more between treble +, ++, and =, but the bass + is here to stay unless there is something that gives even more bass.

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #68 of 80
Forget about the bass mod, just get the new bass ports. They sound better than the modded ones anyhow. The bass mod was just to poke a needle through the back of the bass+ port. Some heat it up so that the hole stays open, some just poke it through. It will close back up eventually though. Use a needle or staple. But like I said the new bass ports are good. The change isnt big either way though.

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #69 of 80
right now im testing it on treble tip = and new bass + port. it gives a very smooth and warm sound with excellent bass. only problem is that you lose a little clarity and detail. im really going back and forth on it with treble + and = port because + gives a more realistic and clear detailed sound while = gives a smooth luscious warm sound with some good bass.

Dec 16, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #70 of 80
I just got the new bass ports in today, I am loving them so far. Gives them a little more punch. So far I am using the treble + tubes with them and I am liking the sound.

I'm having to use the Shure Olives (with the plastic inside cut for easier removal from treble tips) with mine now because the medium tips became too loose and now get stuck in my ears (checked with the smaller tips and they fit snug, ruled out the treble tips as the cause). Has this happend to anyone else? Kind of scary. I guess I need to order some more, I like the ease of placing them in my ears and removal is also easier than the olives.
ph34r.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #71 of 80
Just got mine a few days ago in wireless bundle. I am using the Bass + and the Treble = ports right now which I seem to be very satisfied with.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #72 of 80
wow some of you guys like a lot of treble, im using the new bass + port and treble = port, love the sound, fit is great using just the medium tips

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #73 of 80
My foorprint is currently size 11.
ksc75smile.gif

Anyway i went with bass+ treble+ on the customs as most seem to prefer this, you may get the odd one who likes the total opposite but i can always eq things a bit if needs must.

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #74 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My foorprint is currently size 11.
ksc75smile.gif

Anyway i went with bass+ treble+ on the customs as most seem to prefer this, you may get the od one who likes the total opposite but i can always eq things a bit if needs must.

Ive been seeing you post around about your customs, very exciting indeed. So did you actually get them yet. Las I read some ninja told you they were in route. What do you think? I dont like the fit of the SA6 all that much but I have the wireless and love their sound, I think the custom is also in my future. It will be a while, I have my Cowon S9 on the way already
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back